Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Evening Telegraph : Football Banning Order

Gnasher

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

And you "FFS'd" my South Yorkshire Police analogy the other week? :D;)

Bit of a difference in the crimes of Rolf Harris and such like and running on a perimeter track to celebrate a goal at the football.

Wasting your breath on here.....

"Ban them"seems the in phrase at the minute

No wonder the english laugh at us the way we are treated at football matches by the authorities

I asked a guy tonight why he had a union flag, and if he was aware that it made us look as bad as them. He said 'the UK is our country' and that was that. Looking at this, turns out it was him. Sitting in front of police. They're doing a stand up job!

Didn't seem like an a***hole, just dim.

I asked a guy tonight why he had a union flag, and if he was aware that it made us look as bad as them. He said 'the UK is our country' and that was that. Looking at this, turns out it was him. Sitting in front of police. They're doing a stand up job!

Didn't seem like an a***hole, just dim.

I can see what your getting at and I hate when people bring union flags to games but legally he wasn't doing anything wrong so not much the police could do. They could have done a lot more if they went over to the shankly and caught some of them singing their support for terrorists though.

I wish we could get the union jacks to f**k. I know it's legal and 'our' countries flag but we all know the image it has in scottish football. FWIW this guy does sound like a moron.

Well it's not our country's flag. It's the flag of a collection of countries. Which is what made me think he was a bit dim, because he genuinely couldn't give me any other explanation. I'm saying they weren't doing a good job about banning him. They think it is 'freedom of speech.' I think it's very hard to police but I think we need to be thinking about intent here. The IRA chants and the flag pisses me off equally as much, because regardless of it being political or sectarian, the intent is to offend. And it's also utterly irrelevant to the game of football. But we're getting into another debate here. I just want to go to a game and watch a game and then talk about how good/sh**e the players are, and I find myself more p*ssed off about politics than I do about the score!

I think it's technically correct to say that Britain is a country even if we might consider our country Scotland.

Britain is a collection of countries tied in a union. As far as I am concerned, Scotland is its own country with its own capital and flag (Saltire). The union Jack represents the 4 countries in that union.

Britain is a collection of countries tied in a union. As far as I am concerned, Scotland is its own country with its own capital and flag (Saltire). The union Jack represents the 4 countries in that union.

I see it the same way but the UK is, politically speaking, considered a country. NATO for example considers the UK one country.

Well it's not our country's flag. It's the flag of a collection of countries. Which is what made me think he was a bit dim, because he genuinely couldn't give me any other explanation. I'm saying they weren't doing a good job about banning him. They think it is 'freedom of speech.' I think it's very hard to police but I think we need to be thinking about intent here. The IRA chants and the flag pisses me off equally as much, because regardless of it being political or sectarian, the intent is to offend. And it's also utterly irrelevant to the game of football. But we're getting into another debate here. I just want to go to a game and watch a game and then talk about how good/sh**e the players are, and I find myself more p*ssed off about politics than I do about the score!

Do you only ever appear on this forum to whinge about Union Jacks after we have played Celtic. Not sure why you are so shocked about the police doing anything - he's not doing anything wrong.

Really couldn't care less if folk choose to wave a UJ, Saltire, Tricolour or whatever. At the end of the days it's a flag. I think people who get wound up and offended by flags are just as bad as folk waving them.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected