The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Latif

Derry Update On Fishal

Rate this topic

I wonder if United got the same letter when half the East Stand ran on the pitch (not the track) when Jim Hamilton equalised against us in 2001?

Considering they had no reduced capacities in said stand after that game, it doesn't seem so.

The witch hunt against the Derry celebrating derby goals is a load of crap.

I wonder if United got the same letter when half the East Stand ran on the pitch (not the track) when Jim Hamilton equalised against us in 2001?

Considering they had no reduced capacities in said stand after that game, it doesn't seem so.

The witch hunt against the Derry celebrating derby goals is a load of crap.

Different times I think mate. Times have changed.

Just think there's been an ongoing witch hunt from various parties regarding the Derry for the past two seasons.

Lies printed in the front page of the local papers about sectarian singing and the "animals" that inhabit it.

Licensing boards threatening it's future over fans surging forward at big goal celebrations and some making the massive sin of ending up on the perimeter track.

Honestly, it's a traditional vocal end at the football where you still get atmosphere and fans go a bit nuts at big goal celebrations such as first derby win goals in a generation.

The reaction over it recently is way out of proportion as to what actually goes on (not a great deal other than young fans going mad at big goals)

• Like 2

Massive puss shutter for the moaners and unbelievers  ;)  

Massive puss shutter for the moaners and unbelievers ;)

Yeah cause gloating is helping.

Yeah cause gloating is helping.

No gloating there, DD.  

I'm just fed up with every criticism of the club and the fans that jump right in whenever they can to have a go at the club, when they don't know the facts. As has been proven here

• Like 1

I expect to see DCC ban gigs in the town now given people might get hurt in the sways. Also I expect black Monday sales to also be banned in case of crushing.

Personally I blame the culture of folk getting sued for the most minor things.

• Like 2

Personally I blame the culture of folk getting sued for the most minor things.

spot on.

The sad fact is, that until the courts begin to stand up and say - "b****r off and grow up" - it's not gonna stop.

No gloating there, DD.  

I'm just fed up with every criticism of the club and the fans that jump right in whenever they can to have a go at the club, when they don't know the facts. As has been proven here

Sounded like gloating mate. 

Building similar ends on South Enclosure to those on BS and BS stands....Said by Nelms at Gold and Platinum members meeting today......see Dundee FC News FB page for other news.

My friend was at the platinum meeting today, Nelms apparently said, its not because the fans ran on the pitch, that happens everywhere in any stand. Its the fans running forward that the health and safety don't like. 

My friend was at the platinum meeting today, Nelms apparently said, its not because the fans ran on the pitch, that happens everywhere in any stand. Its the fans running forward that the health and safety don't like. 

If a warning had gone out prior to the derby that surging would result in partial closure of the Derry, I'm sure things would have been different.

If a warning had gone out prior to the derby that surging would result in partial closure of the Derry, I'm sure things would have been different.

Well, it's been said now, so there are no more excuses.

(Though I'm sure this has been covered by the club before, no?)

Well, it's been said now, so there are no more excuses.

(Though I'm sure this has been covered by the club before, no?)

I agree there are no more excuses but surely the fans should be given a chance to keep the health and safety people happy before the closure is put in place. As far as I'm aware this is the first time it's been made clear that surging is the problem. There have been generic pleas made to behave but that is fairly meaningless and could refer to a variety of things.