The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

Josh Meekings 1 Match Ban For Handball!

Rate this topic

Could not make it up, ICT player has been given a 1match ban and will miss the Final because of the handball in the semis......

SFA corrupt to the core,

This is obviously due to pressure from Celtic and their letter regarding it.

Could not see this being handed out (excuse pun) to Celtic if roles were reversed.....

Nothing was done about Willie Dyer's blatant handball that cost Aberdeen two crucial points in the title race so why should something be done now? Our game really is a joke sometimes.

Celtic have a budget five times greater than their nearest challengers in the league and yet they are outraged when they are negatively affected by the same errors that affect the rest of us. 

ICT are rejecting the ban and quite right too.  Every other club in the country should back them up on this as well.  Absolutely pathetic.  Just when you think the Scottish football authorities could not sink any lower.

The sad thing is this kind of nonsense will encourage referees to give preferential treatment to the Old Firm. Make a mistake that costs Celtic and you can expect the fans on your back, the media to join in, the club to make things worse and the authorities to crumble. 

If I was a betting man I would lump a few shekels on the Tic getting at least one penalty tomorrow.

Fucking disgraceful decision

They are setting a very dangerous precedent here by banning him for this. Where does it stop?

Has zaluska been banned for his foul that he got away with?

We won't get a fucking sniff of a decision tomorrow.

Retrospective punishment for a handball just to appease Celtic when other similar incidents have been ignored all season is scandalous. I'd like to see Dundee and other clubs offer their support to ICT on this. Is every missed handball from now on an automatic one-match ban (in Scotland only)? This just makes a mockery of our game.

I agree this is bound to impact on our game tomorrow.

Totally agree with all of the above comments.

Our game is becoming a joke and we have a very difficult game tomorrow night. I can already see Scott Brown's finger and face in the refs. All football fans should get behind Inverness on this one.

I want to make a big "always cheated, never defeated banner" for tomorrow.

I want to make a big "always cheated, never defeated banner" for tomorrow.

Don't bother, it's got nothing to do with DFC.

That'd make us look like giant cvnts or worse, Huns.

Celtic really should suck it up and put their big boy pants on.

There's not a provincial team in the land who haven't been on the wrong end of a dodgy decision against both of the Bigot Brothers.

Absolutely gutted for Meekings.

• Like 1

Don't bother, it's got nothing to do with DFC.

That'd make us look like giant cvnts or worse, Huns.

Whole of scottish football is being effected here.

Disgraceful decision, after this everyone will want all referee mistakes dealt with like this but they will be ignored. Surely this will open up a huge can of worms, its always been one rule for old firm and another for the rest of us.

Poor decision banning him