The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

I Wonder

Rate this topic

Seeing as non season ticket holders are banned from the Derry tonight along with a section of it being shut due to our fans "behavior" at the derby for over celebrating goals, I wonder if the stadium manager, licensing board, police and stewards will be doing anything about (going on their last 3 visits to Dens) -

3000 Celtic fans standing behind the goal

Firecrackers/smoke bombs being lobbed on to the pitch

Songs being sung about joining a certain organisation

Irish flags removed (certainly not something I'd like to see myself but the stewards did wade in the Derry at the last Celtic game and try to rip down a Union Jack)

Illegal drinking on the surrounding streets

and so on?

Na, probably not.

Only Dundee fans surging forward in the Derry are a target it would seem.

• Like 1

This ^.

All the issues with Celtic fans over the years but the SpFL/SFA are their bitches so they can do what they want. Dundee police are petrified of their fans, I remember the last game there were 2 woman stewards trying to get the Celtic fans to move away from the door entrances but they looked to be giving the stewards pelters of abuse and the police were cowering away beside the radio box.

Its all a joke

Short of not letting them in, what do you suggest the club do?

The stewards almost incited a riot in the derry last time against Celtic when they tried to lift a young boy for having a UJ.

Looking past the UJ debate (been done to death) - absolutely ridiculous that they tried to act on this while Celtic fans less than 100 yards away were a law to themselves.

Dundee fans rightly kicked off and told them where to go.

Invite Regan and Doncaster to Dens v Celtic as VIPs, then once they have had their wee fancy pehs and tea/drinks hand them their allocated match ticket...for the Shanks in with the Celtic fans.

That might just let them see that most clubs fans are decent but......

Belters taking Union Flags to games to wind up the Tims aren't the brightest vexillologists .

It's just so 1970's   :D

• Like 1

Short of not letting them in, what do you suggest the club do?

It's all ticket, they've paid upfront. Turn them all away.

Keep Dens clean.

It's all ticket, they've paid upfront. Turn them all away.

Keep Dens clean.

They would never come back.

We can't afford to lose that money.

I would just let them keep doing it. Hostility and atmosphere is great, The sterile nature of football these days is sh**e.

Hostility and atmosphere is great, The sterile nature of football these days is sh**e.

Completely agree so why have you (certainly not the worst culprit) spent quite a few posts on here slamming Dundee fans for their goal celebrations in our first derby win in a generation?

Completely agree so why have you (certainly not the worst culprit) spent quite a few posts on here slamming Dundee fans for their goal celebrations in our first derby win in a generation?

Only for going on the pitch or track. No need for that IMO.

The rest i've no issue with. Sing songs, be offensive, take flags. Have a laugh.

I wonder if......we'll repeatedly shout 'handball' tonight just to wind our west coast friends up.....

I wonder if there will be a political statement from the same group of fans from the west coast tonight.....

I wonder if the Dens Park DJ can look out his 78rpm copy of Max Bygraves 'You need hands' for tonight'

I wonder if......we'll repeatedly shout 'handball' tonight just to wind our west coast friends up.....

I wonder if there will be a political statement from the same group of fans from the west coast tonight.....

That is SUCH a beautifully evil idea!!!   :D

Seeing as non season ticket holders are banned from the Derry tonight along with a section of it being shut due to our fans "behavior" at the derby for over celebrating goals, I wonder if the stadium manager, licensing board, police and stewards will be doing anything about (going on their last 3 visits to Dens) -

3000 Celtic fans standing behind the goal

Firecrackers/smoke bombs being lobbed on to the pitch

Songs being sung about joining a certain organisation

Irish flags removed (certainly not something I'd like to see myself but the stewards did wade in the Derry at the last Celtic game and try to rip down a Union Jack)

Illegal drinking on the surrounding streets

and so on?

Na, probably not.

Only Dundee fans surging forward in the Derry are a target it would seem.

Mostly agree.

Don't think non season ticket holders are banned though. Simply being asked not to go there on this one off occasion.

Joke tonight.

Steward tried to remove a guy 2 rows in front of me for moving away from the end of the row because he could not see the game for police standing in front of him.

I hate procedures that effect atmosphere but it was a shocking act by a single steward.