The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Voopl Has Invited Us to Put The Dee Up With Bayern, Arsenal and Villa.......

Rate this topic

Hiya Everyone,

Just been contacted by http://voopl.co/home, who do stats about football around the world. Not sure if any of you have heard of them, but they have invited us to join in their beta testing and help further spread the word of the mighty Dee. They have asked us to participate along with 21 other teams in this beta trial.

Voopl allows you guys to vote for the Dee players match performance via a voting system through out the season. This includes, players, teams, matches etc. The fans votes will them be compared to journalists to see how they compare.

Quote from the email:

The goal is to have as many people as possible to participate, and weigh against media and journalists which almost only rely on goals and assists to evaluate players performances nowadays. Fan votes, even though they're not perfect, give a different vision of a match than these stats.
An algorithm has been put in place and will be perfected through time to ignore spammers as well as "troll" votes such as giving everyone either 1 or 10.

This platform has already been integrated into 21 fan forums, such as BayernForum.com, Gunners.fr or VillaTalk.com . The first games already showed a difference between fan and journalist voting, the former being much less prone to overrating hyped strikers and underrating defenders.

As I said the site is still in beta, and they have invited a few websites to participate in this and I was wondering if you guys would like to help out, and if you do they would be more than happy to add Dundee FC to that small list.

Cheers,

John

Don;t see why not... mutually productive and all that...

Sounds like an interesting idea.

yes as it may help promote interest in DFC and that can only be good - a few fans around Europe may adopt us as their Scottish club

when will this start from?

when will this start from?

This will start when I contact them. Was trying to get a feel from you guys and see if you would particiapate as this can only help the club. I'm going to say yes an d let them take it from there.