Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kt Out Again

deefly78

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Maybe Hartley's priority is having Thomson tip top for the very winnable game on Saturday. Problem is, tonight isn't a game for back-up players.

That's how I see it regarding Thomson thb.  Whether that's correct or not is a different story.  Like I've said a few times now, I don't expect him to play against Celtic if Brown is playing  - except maybe a cup final or something.

In hindsight, maybe tonight was a game for back up players.  I looked at the side on the park and thought that more than a few were playing for a contract next season.  The team was full of players who have played a part in our season in one way or another.  Harris, Ferry and Steven McGinn can go now as far as I'm concerned.

That's how I see it regarding Thomson thb.  Whether that's correct or not is a different story.  Like I've said a few times now, I don't expect him to play against Celtic if Brown is playing  - except maybe a cup final or something.

In hindsight, maybe tonight was a game for back up players.  I looked at the side on the park and thought that more than a few were playing for a contract next season.  The team was full of players who have played a part in our season in one way or another.  Harris, Ferry and Steven McGinn can go now as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe Hartley was right to put out that team. It was depressing to watch but at least we avoided a morale-sapping 6-1 or 7-1. Celtic seemed happy to get a couple of goals and put the game to bed.

Totally agree with the three players you mention. They had a real opportunity to step up tonight and show us something and they gave us nothing as usual. S McGinn might be a good player but his heart doesn't seem to be in it. Would much rather see McAlister on the park myself.

Just not seeing what Steven McGinn gives us or what his best position is - he certainly gives the ball away quite a bit though.

Harris just looked very ordinary and has for a good few weeks now.

Ferry was tidy enough 1st half but can't impose himself on the game.  He was breathing out his backside halfway through the 2nd half just when Celtic seemed to switch up a gear.  He more or less told the dugout he was knackered.

Jim Mc showed his passion for the game and the club imo.

They have long term injuries that we are all aware of.

KT plays a blinder against united and misses the next two games for no apparent reason.

That's the difference

In a nutshell.  Quality player no doubt and would have made a big difference tonight.  I'm not making a big thing about it because I think I understand what's going on and I'm willing to go along with the manager just now.  Next season we need to have a squad that can provide better cover in games like tonight.

The thing is though, there was a very obvious reason that he missed tonight and I'm surprised that so many thought he played.

Basically, it's feared that if he takes in multiple games in a short period of time, the stress may finish him.

He played in the Derby which was a high intensity match and two days of recovery time wasn't going to be enough so he was left out of the St Johnstone game.

Tonight, there had to be a choice between playing Celtic (who let's be honest isn't a game we are expected to make any impact on) and St Johnstone (a game I believe we have to win to have a challenge for 4th).

It's not ideal but I would rather we get as much out of him as possible and use him effectively where we can. A clone would be great!

• Like 2

What annoys me most is not the fact he didn't play tonight but more the fact we totally wrote off a game as unwinnable against a mediocre celtic side who were knackered. "Ah we werent gonna win anyways so its fine" is a sh**e attitude to have. They were there for the taking tonight.

• Like 1

Tbh, I struggle to comment as no one takes my opinion on Thomson on board as I'm obviously full of sh*t.

I've said he is an amazing player but we need him 100% of the time. We can't pick and choose when we play him. Our most expensive and most needed player is a must play. We need him again celtic as much as we need him against st Mirren. That's the simple fact.

We can't pick and choose when we need him. We need him all the time.

What annoys me most is not the fact he didn't play tonight but more the fact we totally wrote off a game as unwinnable against a mediocre celtic side who were knackered. "Ah we werent gonna win anyways so its fine" is a sh**e attitude to have. They we're there for the taking tonight.

I agree the game was written off. You could see it in the body language of the players. Really disappointing to see Dundee to lie down to Celtic for the second time in a couple of months, especially after watching Inverness cause them so many problems.

I feel a bit sorry for Aberdeen. We dealt crushing blows to their league and cup hopes before rolling over when Celtic came to town.

At least McAlister and McPake can hold their heads high this morning. Someone forgot to tell them the game was unwinnable.

I agree the game was written off. You could see it in the body language of the players. Really disappointing to see Dundee to lie down to Celtic for the second time in a couple of months, especially after watching Inverness cause them so many problems.

I feel a bit sorry for Aberdeen. We dealt crushing blows to their league and cup hopes before rolling over when Celtic came to town.

At least McAlister and McPake can hold their heads high this morning. Someone forgot to tell them the game was unwinnable.

I don't think anyone likes the idea that we 'save ourselves' for more winnable games but I can understand why. Financially it makes sense to finish further up the table and there's the 'risk to players' side of it as well.  As you say, McAlister and McPake gave any "don't bust a gut out there" instructions a damn fine ignoring and I wouldn't expect anything else from either of them. 

While it wasn't exactly a 'dead rubber', I can see why we might be keeping our powder dry. Frustrating for us fans though.  :mad:

Adblock Detected