The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
DFCSS Rep

Season Ticket Cost

Rate this topic

Morning All,

I have taken all the emails, tweets & calls regarding ST costs to the BOD on your behalf. I will post up when I get an answer.

Colin

I hope this doesn't come across as cheeky as its not meant to, however is this not simply a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted? The prices have been announced and surely are set in stone now.

Were the DFCSS and the fans reps involved in the pricing discussions at all please? If so are you able to tell us what your stance during the discussions were please?

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

Cheers

easy question to answer - NO.....

easy question to answer - NO.....

I mean we were not part of the costing process but get most of the fall out from it.

I mean we were not part of the costing process but get most of the fall out from it.

It's a little worrying that the Fans Rep wasn't consulted on the cost of the season tickets. Should have been part of the process IMO.

The pricing of season tickets is a business decision, why would the fans rep be consulted?

The pricing of season tickets is a business decision, why would the fans rep be consulted?

Agreed.

The club is being run incredibly professionally just now and being able to do this is directly related to the income we bring in.

Out of curiosity, does DFCSS have a particular view on the season ticket costs or are you staying neutral and just presenting the views of the wider support?

Agree Colin shouldn't have been consulted but....

He should have been the first one to know in order to prepare a statement to put out to the fans at time of release explaining the cost increase and how we needed to raise costs to cover building the business...

With success comes higher running costs etc etc.... We have all seen them before.

Without fans there is no business.

We are the football club generation after generation.

People would do well to remember that as the vibe I've been getting lately from certain club goings on and posts on here is pay up and shut up or stay away.

• Like 1

Agree Colin shouldn't have been consulted but....

He should have been the first one to know in order to prepare a statement to put out to the fans at time of release explaining the cost increase and how we needed to raise costs to cover building the business...

With success comes higher running costs etc etc.... We have all seen them before.

It's not the Societys role to explain price increases mate, it's the clubs.  They (FPS) are the custodians, if they want folk to buy in to their vision (at an increased value), then it's them who should do the explaining.

• Like 1

My view is that if the fans rep is not involved in these type of discussions then it is a pointless role (no disrespect to the current incumbant). If they aren't involved in these discussions can someone tell me what the purpose of the role is?

Have always said that rather than a Fans rep on the Board the Governance on the Board would be significantly improved by the appointment of a totally independent Non Exec Director that has an interface with the fans.

We can't get lulled into a false sense of security I completely agree however we should reevaluate if we are getting any value from teh fans rep role.

Cheers

• Like 2

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the finance package is available again? Can't see it mentioned on the fishul. Cheers

I fail to see the point of fans rep if not involved in pricing.