The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Aftermath: Dundee vs Celtic

Rate this topic

Dundee lose to a Celtic side that never got out of 2nd gear. We need to improve a lot for this weekends game against St Johnstone.

Game was lost before a ball was kicked with the players we put out. That Dundee team would get relegated. Bain, McPake, McAlister and Stewart did ok but overall we were dreadful.

If anyone was in any doubt about what Harkins, McGowan and Thomson bring to our team, they just had to sit through that horror show tonight.

Dundee lose to a Celtic side that never got out of 2nd gear. We need to improve a lot for this weekends game against St Johnstone.

This was a poor performance for the 2nd game on the trot after the highs of the Derby win.2-1 really does'nt tell the true story.

Big improvement needed for Sat and hopefully we get back to winning ways.Thomson/McGowan back would be a major plus.

Game was lost before a ball was kicked with the players we put out. That Dundee team would get relegated. Bain, McPake, McAlister and Stewart did ok but overall we were dreadful.

If anyone was in any doubt about what Harkins, McGowan and Thomson bring to our team, they just had to sit through that horror show tonight.

At full strength we are a match for pretty much anything the SPFL can throw at us.Minus a few key players & we become a bottom 6 team.

Ferry has been a major disappointment.

Horror show? Relegation? Settle down Cobra.

Celtic are just too strong. We weren't great tonight. Better than the Cup game but still came away with a scoreline that made it look be closer that it actually was.

We shouldn't realistically expect to do better than 2-1 against Celtic.

At full strength we are a match for pretty much anything the SPFL can throw at us.Minus a few key players & we become a bottom 6 team.

Ferry has been a major disappointment.

Don't think you will see McGowan in a Dee shirt until the last game of the season.

Just wondering when Thomson will ever be fit enough to play again.

And that was a poor performance from us tonight. We let Celtic play without getting out of second gear.

McPake imo is worth every penny we pay him. One of the players we had doubts about and the player I would have down first on the team sheet.

Imo we played well in spells, I've seen much better but I've seen much worse. Starting line up was not great but that's what Hartley picked so we just need to get on with it

Celtic are just too strong. We weren't great tonight. Better than the Cup game but still came away with a scoreline that made it look be closer that it actually was.

Lucky Inverness didn't have that attitude on Sunday

A poor Celtic side is there for the taking most weeks

Just a pity we were missing 3 of our better players

Had the ref done his job Inverness would've been dead and buried by half time.

Poor performance standing off them giving then far to much space again. Didn't look up for it at all

It's frightening how different a side we are without Gowser, KT and GGH

Also hope the SFA were listening to the sectarian songs coming from a large number of celtic fans

Don't have a problem with losing to Celtic at all. 2-1 is a very respectable scoreline but I felt we were terrible. They beat us without breaking sweat.I dread to think what the score would have been if they were fully committed for 90 minutes. What disappointed me most was that we looked like a beaten team even at 0-0. There was zero belief that we could get a result and you could see that in the aimless punts we fired towards their defence. At one point during an "attack" S McGinn lofted the ball up towards van Dijk, the best defender in the country, and I thought we're just going through the motions here. Not good enough.

I know we've had an excellent season and the big problem tonight was the quality players we had missing but I was hoping we might be a bit more competitive and make Celtic work for the points.

Harris gave us nothing tonight, pretty disappointed with him. Davo was horrendous when he came on too.

Don't think you will see McGowan in a Dee shirt until the last game of the season.

Just wondering when Thomson will ever be fit enough to play again.

And that was a poor performance from us tonight. We let Celtic play without getting out of second gear.

McPake imo is worth every penny we pay him. One of the players we had doubts about and the player I would have down first on the team sheet.

I don't get this McGowan thing.People suggesting he cant play because it's too risky trying to get home before 7pm.FFS it's only Airdrie no Outer Mongolia although the latter might be more appealing.

Even playing for 60 mins would be better than nothing and he'd have time to nip and into the bookies and the local cop shop for a warm down on the way home.

Stewart was awful. Only players I'd give decent reviews to were :- Jim Mac, PMcGinn, McPake and Konrad.

Harris and Dyer the worst for me. Heffernan full of running.

Bain flogged the second goal. Except from Jim McAlister and Luka and McPake, the team had a nightmare. Special mentions to Stephen McGinn, Ferry, Harris and Stewart who were extremely poor tonight.

Beginning to think I've been conned into thinking McGinn is a good player as he's showed nothing.