The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Best Dees For Assists

Rate this topic

We've seen some superb assists from Harkins this season. The two exceptional set-ups to beat top-of-the-league Hamilton were probably the most memorable. A majestic run and pass for Clarkson at Fir Park also stands out.

Tankulic's gorgeous backheel at Pittodrie for Stewart's stunning finish was also fantastic.

Over time, Keith Wright stands out for me as brilliant for assists. He was great in the air and on the floor. Tommy Coyne rightly gets a lot of credit for his goalscoring prowess but I sometimes think the Mongoose's magic gets forgotten.

Any other players notable for superb assists?

Did Harkins not head the ball into Clarkson's path at Fir Park? Think you might be thinking about the 2nd goal at Rugby Park against Killie.

Stewart's cross for the 3rd goal in the Derby was a thing of beauty.

Did Harkins not head the ball into Clarkson's path at Fir Park? Think you might be thinking about the 2nd goal at Rugby Park against Killie.

You are right. GGH's deft header set up Clarkson for that sensational volley at Fir Park. The surging run and pass I was thinking of came at Killie.

Hot knife through butter.

judas Dixon still hasn't realised where Heff is.

Best Dee assist in my time....Giles Rouset's knee that allowed Davie Weirs balls to score a crucial winner for us in 1998

That Tank assist. Ooft! No wonder it made soccer am. Beautiful!

Although I do feel it may have been a bit flukey.

billy cambell

Uniteds goalie was a superb assist to Stewart in the derby.

Harvey was good sub and assist player.

• Like 1

We've seen some superb assists from Harkins this season. The two exceptional set-ups to beat top-of-the-league Hamilton were probably the most memorable. A majestic run and pass for Clarkson at Fir Park also stands out.

Tankulic's gorgeous backheel at Pittodrie for Stewart's stunning finish was also fantastic.

Over time, Keith Wright stands out for me as brilliant for assists. He was great in the air and on the floor. Tommy Coyne rightly gets a lot of credit for his goalscoring prowess but I sometimes think the Mongoose's magic gets forgotten.

Any other players notable for superb assists?

Am i thinking right in that the Hamilton assists were a corner and a header that Stewart run on to?

Am i thinking right in that the Hamilton assists were a corner and a header that Stewart run on to?

Aye but it was Harkins so it just oozed quality 😉

You are right, but it was no ordinary corner. It was a majestic delivery against a defence that were virtually unbeatable at that time. The header could be described as just another header but it created space for Stewart to score against a formidable defence. You might call it a fluke but Harkins did the exact same thing for Clarkson at Fir Park. I genuinely think it's hard to score goals at the level. You can puff and pant and get nowhere as we found out on Saturday. Harkins is able to create something out of nothing. When he's injured we are impotent, even with brilliant midfielders like Gowser and KT on the park. 

• Like 1

Aye but it was Harkins so it just oozed quality

I get where you're coming from db, but to be fair, compare that to our set play delivery yesterday, which was woeful.

Harkins may be as likely with one of his corners, to hit your granny sitting at home watching Bonanza on a Saturday afternoon, but every now and again he does do something with a free kick or corner that's pretty special. I'd have taken that chance over what we had yesterday. Nearly every corner sailed over everyone and out for a throw in or a goal kick - and that was both teams...

I get where you're coming from db, but to be fair, compare that to our set play delivery yesterday, which was woeful.

Harkins may be as likely with one of his corners, to hit your granny sitting at home watching Bonanza on a Saturday afternoon, but every now and again he does do something with a free kick or corner that's pretty special. I'd have taken that chance over what we had yesterday. Nearly every corner sailed over everyone and out for a throw in or a goal kick - and that was both teams...

What about Stewarts corner in the derby win? Would that not mean he is also just as often going to produce an excellent cross as Harkins?

Tankulic's assist up in sheepville was the stand out for me, stewarts low derby assist was sublime as well!