The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 2 St Johnstone

Rate this topic

You must be a member or signed in to use Voopl.

I get the feeling we lost this game before the kick off. We never tried and it was like we got to 6th and so what. Dreadful performance by the team today and the only player I would give pass marks today is McPake.

If you require help in casting your rating or votes, please contact us!

[voopl=2015-04-25][/voopl]

😳😳😳 did I miss a whole 24 hours?? Did we gub the FERMERS already??? 😜😜😜

did I miss a whole 24 hours?? Did we gub the FERMERS already???

Nope we are trying something different this week :)

It was like we did not have a clue today, just as bad if not worse than through there couple weeks back.

No urgency, couldn't pass a ball 10 yards, lack of movement, passion.

Its like we top six so why care, this is the impression todays and Wed nights performances are telling me.

Embarrassing

That's our position sorted after today. Time to blood in a few players without pressure.

Beginning to get the impression we've chucked this season following the Derby which all but clinched top 6. Absolutely dire stuff.

Parkhead next week should be fun...

Now time to try out the new voting system we have here :)

and barely a shot on goal.

Lazy and disinterested. Only Wighton and Tankulic get pass marks.

That was as bad as it gets. Very few with pass marks. Thought Heff and Clarkson were lucky to start the 2nd half.

Davidson was our best player today and he came on at half time!

• Like 1

First of all I was pleased to see the duds from midweek dropped and Heff and Clarkson playing up top for a change.

I thought we showed some urgency in the latter part of the first half. We got in some really good positions but the final ball was poor every time. It was like we were knocking the ball into an area where something might happen rather than picking anyone out. Harkins has the ability to set up goalscoring opportunities. The players out there today seemed incapable of that.

Apart from a lovely back flick from KT the second half was a grim end of season affair with the players just waiting for the final whistle. I take it Greg Stewart wasn't keen on visiting Parkhead next Friday. On a booking and launching himself to the floor. Dearie me.

We've got top six and that appears to be it for us. Job done. To be fair it is a great achievement. I won't be impressed if have no appetite for the derby though. We've got the whole summer to dwell on that, so a performance is a must.

Worth noting that St Johnstone are a really good side and probably deserve to be top four tonight.

Davidson was our best player today and he came on at half time!

I thought McPake was our best player today. If we had another 9 like him on the park (apart from everyone being defenders). That must have been a sore one, the way he had thrown himself in front of that ball in the first half.

Horrific display today.

Don't know what tactics Hartley was hoping to employ today but it backfired spectacularly.

Lost count of the amount of the times the ball was played out wide to McGinn and Dyer and they were left isolated. How slow are we in possession?

Clarkson is a pale shadow of the player he was earlier in the season. Like Stephen McGinn on Wednesday, he looked like someone who knows they won't be here next season.

Heffernan huffed and puffed.

Stewart doesn't look fully fit. Neither does Thomson or McPake.

Davidson was/is a bombscare at centre half.

Too many players had an off day today. Hopefully they haven't downed tools already.

That was our worst display of the season and if this is the standard we can expect to watch, the close season can't come quick enough!

Get it sorted Paul!

I thought it was a penalty myself. My family members see different, and judging by the fact that not everyone was raging about it, I may have been wrong. Highlights will be interesting. That linesman was an absolute disgrace though so I really wouldn't put It past them.

Thompson missed a sending off (was it Swanson?) then gave the free kick, only sending players back about 8 yards and then the linesman gave GK because he missed the deflection.

I'm not saying these decision have a bearing on the score, because we were pretty stinkin, but when are officials going to be trained properly? The standard in this country is absolutely diabolical.

Bain done was was required, no chance from where I was sitting with either goal.

McPake was best player for us and he made a few errors.

Konrad decent.

Thomson was slow at doing everything.

Stewart not been great since returning from injury bar Derby.

McGowan n Jmac covered lots of ground.

McGinn looked injured, he was blowing oot his ar**.

Heff poor touches and failed to do anything.

Dyer and Clarkson should be in the stand.