Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 2 St Johnstone

TheDarkBlues

Didn't see the game, but interested with the comments that it looked like some of them had been told that they would not be at Dens for next season.

Why would they down tools, surely they'd want to be trying their hardest in the hope that someone else would want them?

Some will, some won't I suppose mate. Davo came on and tried his hardest clearly. The likes of dyer, Heffernan and Clarkson just didn't look interested to me.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

inTried to watch on stream and saw only the second half. Obviously cannot comment on first 45 minutes, but on what I saw of the second half, which is reflected by the negative comments on here, I would guess I was not the only one happy to see the game end.      Not at all what I hoped for, or expected.

Got a bit more time to post my review now after my earlier post on this thread.

Bain - Had barely put a foot wrong in his time here and had been outstanding in most games but a few mistakes creeping in. Nothing major though, still pulls off good saves and still a very good keeper compared to most.

McGinn - Gets up and down the line but quite often delivers poos passes.

McPake - Good performance

Konrad - Decent performance.

Dyer - Maybe not as bad as some make out but definitely our weak link and shouldn't be playing for us at this level. Hurry back Irvine or A.Nother.

McGowan - Usual 100 percent effort and running but thought today was one of his poorer games for us. A bit too sideways and safe at times in possesion.

Thomson - Some decent passes forward but some poor passes also and looked slow on the ball and releasing some passes. Not one of his better games.

McAlister - Decent performance on the most part.

Stewart - Didn't really happen for him. Did look a bit theatrical for his second yellow. Unsure if contact was made though.

Heffernan - I like him but he has next to no service at times. Shows some good link up play.

Clarkson - Almost anonymous so many times for us this year. Not offering a great deal but continues to get picked.

Davidson - Looked decent bar the goal.

Wighton - Little to report. Showed one positive bit of play but found it hard to get involved at that stage.

Tankulic - I like him and agree with the view that there's a player in there but he was pretty poor today albeit in difficult circumstances.

Hartley got the formation wrong today.

We have zero width and sadly without Harkins in the team - zero creativity.

The players look to be going through the motions since the derby win. There is a lack of edge and urgency to the play.

BCram, on 25 Apr 2015 - 9:14 PM, said:

Didn't see the game, but interested with the comments that it looked like some of them had been told that they would not be at Dens for next season.

Why would they down tools, surely they'd want to be trying their hardest in the hope that someone else would want them?

That is exactly the feeling you got today BC.  The play was so poor today it was almost comical at times.  If it hadn't been against the wee haters and the fuds Swanson and Graham I would have been having a laugh tbh.

I don't think we downed tools for this game. The fermers started the game quite well. We took control mid-way through the first half but failed to create a chance before the half fizzled out. Second half half the fermers started strongly again, scored a soft goal then Stewart's daft red card killed the game as a contest. We played badly, St Johnstone raised their game, they got the breaks and we accepted in the last half hour that the game was gone.

Personally I felt the attitude against Celtic midweek was far worse. Our forwards today were rubbish but at least we had McAlister and McGowan buzzing about for 90 minutes and Thomson showing moments of class.

Personally I felt the attitude against Celtic midweek was far worse.

I personally disagree with that mate.

Celtic are miles better than us and could really hurt us if they upped their game a gear or two.

St Johnstone were sh*t against us a fortnight ago at Perth and sh*t today and yet they win both games at a canter particlarly today.

We really should be offering a lot more competitive wise and attacking wise against a side like that. The formation was wrong and the attitude was wrong. It is not pre season. We were in with a half shout of fourth before today.

I personally disagree with that mate.

Celtic are miles better than us and could really hurt us if they upped their game a gear or two.

St Johnstone were s**t against us a fortnight ago at Perth and s**t today and yet they win both games at a canter particlarly today.

We really should be offering a lot more competitive wise and attacking wise against a side like that. The formation was wrong and the attitude was wrong. It is not pre season. We were in with a half shout of fourth before today.

We're going to have to disagree PRD. St Johnstone are top four because they are really effective at preventing the opposition from creating chances. I thought the game today was poor. Neither team impressed in terms of playing decent football. Defences were on top for most of the game. If it wasn't for Bain letting in that soft goal and Stewart getting himself sent off we might well have got at least a draw.

Dees are understandably furious at watching that wee team win comfortably on our own patch but we at least had a go at them. Midweek against Celtic, we just surrendered.

I hope Hartley plays with some width next year as this narrow stuff is absolutely brutal to watch.

When we play an organised team like st johnstone who get men behind the ball we find it very difficult to break teams down.

Sometimes you just need a good winger with pace who can beat a man and get crosses into the box.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected