Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Biggest Dundee Legend

Ludo*1

I was thinking along the lines of finding TheDarkBlue forum's worst ever Dundee player, but thought that was maybe not quite appropriate without running this first.

It might not take off, it might skyrocket, suppose we will have to wait and see.

Basically, the idea is that with TDB forum being able to utilise the function of polls, I thought we could have a light-hearted 'competition' as it were to find Dundee's Biggest Legend.

So to start off, to find out who should go in the poll, every poster is allowed ONE nomination to get a player of their choice past or present into this mini-debate!

I'll let nominations run to midnight on Tuesday then start collecting all the names and make a poll facing these great names off against each other!

I'll start with:

Bobby Cox.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thought it'd be worth adding, the player you nominate doesn't have to be a bona fide 'legend'. You can nominate anyone you like, as long as they played for the club and hopefully the poll will sort the cult heroes from the legends and the riff raff from the quality.

I have a signed ball sitting pride of place in my living room from the 2002/3 season. My lovely uncle bought me it last year at an auction he held. Speroni, caballero, smith, Rae, Nemzadze, Carranza etc. I love it, full of legends for me.

As a kid, my favourites were Sara, Grady and Cannigia. Contemplating wearing my Cannigia shirt today because it's short sleeved.

I do think we have to put Doug Cowie into the mix though, for the sheer number of appearances. He is my friend's grandad, and from what I've heard, DFC management did not treat him with respect at the end, merely letting him go because he was 'too old' at 30. Think he went to UTD so that might be controversial.

My dad loves Billy Steel. From what's he's told me, I (and him too) would have loved to have seen one of those shots.

Adblock Detected