Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

BBC "Match of The Day" £204M...... BBC "Sportscene" £1M

QUOTE ...... "SPFL Chairman, Ralph Topping, has accused the BBC of being "discriminating, against the game north of the border, criicising the decision to reportedly pay Gary Lineker, twice as much, as the whole of Scottish Football gets from the corporation"............The story/quote from todays P& J.

(I think I would prefer other to post comments and responses to this story ........ if they feel like it)

Because personally, I am angry at this blatant inequality. And cannot see how this is not political.

He goes on to say much more.    But he concludes by saying .........

QUOTE ...... " Compared to England, Scots contribute a 10th of the licence fee.  Yet at £IM. for TV highlights, our (Scotlands) BBC deal is 1/60th (one sixtyith) of what the BBC pays to the English Premier League..............."

" The BBC is damaging the game in Scotland and these double standards are indefensible for a publicly funded broadcast"

As already said, I will not comment any more at this stage. Because it is much more deeper, than the disparity in football terms.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how much better the EPL supposedly is, it's up to Sky/BT etc. to fight it out and pay over the odds. The BBC is publicly funded and should be spending the appropriate percentage in comparison with down south. Absolute shambles. That £20m (roughly 10%) could improve our game so much, possibly allow clubs to reduce PATG and season ticket prices.

I think I am right in saying the BBC licence fee is now £145 P.A. ....irregardless of where ever you live in the UK.

The Scottish people pay the same per head as the rest as the UK. Do BBC offer eqal service to all it's customers ?   NO     (imo)

They may try to justify this disparity on the basis that English Football is a world wide product.   Sorry, that kind of response does not wash for me.

As far as I am concerned, the way BBC treat (Scottish Football and Supporters) is criminal. In regard to the genereal sevice  BBC provides for Scotland, insulting.

Let's not forget how many in Scotland are watching English football compared to the other way round.

We shoot ourselves in the foot here.

If we stopped watching English football in the numbers we do we might not get taken the p*ss out of us for deserting our own game.

Let's not forget how many in Scotland are watching English football compared to the other way round.

We shoot ourselves in the foot here.

If we stopped watching English football in the numbers we do we might not get taken the p**s out of us for deserting our own game.

Why should that matter. We should get what we deserve regardless.

The argument would be that we take such an interest in English football that as a consumer we do get what we deserve as we have proven we want to watch English football more than Scottish.

I kind of get this argument but it isn't a stance a publicly funded body can take IMO.

I don't fully get at all this view, that us Scots prefer watching the Engish Football, because of the higher standard or something. Therefore more money should go there.

Although, if is all about money and the quality on show, surely the ridiculous discrepancy, between what BBC  (and SKY, BT etc) pay out, affects the standard of football.

I am more inclined to accept the view of DD and I hope many others. We are poorly done by. We all pay the same licence money, but proportionately not equal service.

BBC (English Version) may even have increased viewing figures, when the Scots realise Gary Lineker's pay is reportedly......

"TWICE AS MUCH AS THE WHOLE OF SCOTTISH FOTBALL GETS FROM THE WHOLE OF THE CORPORATION" !!

Still, if you want the best, you have to be prepared to pay for it. I'm sure he is worth every penny.  :lol2:

Check him oot. And feel blessed, you are being allowed tae view someone of that quality.

Might make sense for BBC to cancel completely the Scottish Football Highlights.

And jist put an image o' the Wonderful Gary Linaker on the screen.

I feel mehsel getting mair and mair political on this thread.

I wonder why that could be. Surely no inequality?

Mind Cameron's got 5 years tae fix it.

Important we ken oor place.

Thank you BBC. :angry:

Adblock Detected