The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
JoeCovenant

Historical Dundee - The Howff 'reclaimed'

Rate this topic

Thanks to Abdul for posting the link about The Filth and their low wages...

A very intersting article was linked in the same page.

Being a little interested in Dundee's History I found this a brilliant thing.

Stone's almost worn to nothing able to be read and imaged in 3D...

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/dundee/first-images-revealing-the-story-of-the-howff-1.876137

Braw!

Hi Joe ... I can understand your own interest in this as it would fit in weel with your ither hobby

Sounds quite macabre that ...... But eh cannae mind the name o' whit I am trying to say)        

But you'll ken whit I mean ..... up and doon the fields wi thon thingy !!

I think everybody tho has an interest in the past. Even those who might deny it. 

Wha o us, can manage tae walk through an auld graveyard, withoot trying tae read, and mak sense, o' the message on the headstone ?

Hi Joe ... I can understand your own interest in this as it would fit in weel with your ither hobby

Sounds quite macabre that ...... But eh cannae mind the name o' whit I am trying to say)        

But you'll ken whit I mean ..... up and doon the fields wi thon thingy !!

I think everybody tho has an interest in the past. Even those who might deny it. 

Wha o us, can manage tae walk through an auld graveyard, withoot trying tae read, and mak sense, o' the message on the headstone ?

Metal Detecting!  :)   (Or 'Detectorist' as the official term goes... (I don't like the name.. sounds awful!))

Funily enough, my interest in Dundee's history goes back a *long* way.

An awful lot of my old thespian career was based around Dundee's history, no less than the old Dundee Ghost Walk - part of which took place IN the Howff!

With my new kids book being set in WW1 dundee, it's just expanded the research further and further!!  :)

Dundee is an amazing place - historically speaking.

That's it JOE .......METAL DETECTING :)

You are a seriously talented man Joe.

I think it is time now to update the List.

If only tae upset some fae ither forums.

You cannae spend yir life in the shadows Joe.

GET THAT LIST MADE OOT AND POST IT HERE AND ON THE ITHER FORUM

( Best form o' defence is aye attack ....In whitever method that suits yir style :) )

I appreciate the words GeDee...

But as well as being the STELLAR talent that I am... (ahem)...  I am also a man of my word.

I won't be back on DM as long as it is in the state it currently is. (So I guess I'll never know unless someone mentions it in here.)

And, TBH, I am not missing it one jot.

I appreciate the words GeDee...

But as well as being the STELLAR talent that I am... (ahem)...  I am also a man of my word.

I won't be back on DM as long as it is in the state it currently is. (So I guess I'll never know unless someone mentions it in here.)

And, TBH, I am not missing it one jot.

Aye fine Joe ....... and as long as the old forum stays as it is, I am of the same mind.

It was never really any personal reasons I left there. Although there were some posters,who appeared to take greatest deight in causing conflict.

From my point of view, the personal insults used  between some posters to fellow Dee Supporters, withoot sounding judgemental, wis no fir me.

And although the posting there has slowed right down, I am sure there are still many decent lads and lassies there, who felt the frustration I felt.

In fact, if any from DM are reading this post, come ower tae us and gie us a try ?

Direct opportunities to  be involved, at first hand, In any of my extended "drivel"

Read also and become involved in the numerous talents of Joe (updated daily)

Deeranged, with his four or five hooses and cars   And tons and tons o money.

We even have the occasional post ............ aboot DFC. and general fitba topics

There is something for everyone. But only Exclusively at The Dark Blue Forum !! 

There is even a Personal Warm Welcome FAE ME ANDTHE MULTI TALENTED JOE

We even allow the ither DB members of less status, to welcome new members :)