The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Expectations For Next Season

Rate this topic

Season 2015/16 expectations  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What's the minimum expectation for next season to be considered a success?

• Winning a trophy
    • Getting into Europe
    • Top six
    • Avoiding relegation

Just wondering what folk consider the minimum expectation for next season to be considered a success.

I went for 'Avoiding Relegation' but I don't really mean that. If we finished 8th for example next season, but players such as Holt, Bain etc looked to be improving to the point where we could net some serious money from them in the close season and go from there, then as bare minimum I'd call that a success. We're past the stage of just 'surviving' and no more in this league, but we're still not quite at the stage where we have a divine right to expect to be in the top 6 minimum.

8th and above for me would be viewed as my minimum expectation. We need to kick on, and there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 6. But some exciting football, some of our younger talent breaking through more prominently and us having more strength as a whole squad rather than just a very good 11 would be acceptable for me personally.

2nd season will be harder than the first, history tends to show that, and that's not including the fact Hearts are coming up in expense of St Mirren and either Rangers/Hibs to follow, but even if they don't, you'd expect Motherwell to put their nightmare season behind them.

I'd be 'happy' with 7th, but raging if below 9th.

With the squad we are putting together it really has to be top 6, regardless of who comes up.  ICT, Wee Haters and Dabs all there for the taking.  Roll on 15/16.

Board are giving the manager all the available resources so for the first time in a long time we have a stable foundation to build on. Hartley has identified his targets fantastically early and is building his squad.

Top 6 and a decent cup run minimum for me

Minimum should always be avoid relegation.

Avoid relegation but with a cup final appearance would do me

Expectation, top 6, semi final and nae derby hammerings.

Over achieving wud be Europe or trophy.

Top six again and a good cup run in either of the cups.

If Hearts and more than likely Hibs weren't coming up, I'd go top 6 again as I'd like to see steady progress.

The fact of the matter is though that those two replacing St Mirren and Motherwell will make it an even tighter squeeze to make the top 6 than this season.

Avoiding relegation is every provincial clubs first target in top flight football so I will have to go for that as the question says "the minimum" even though voting for that sounds unambitious.

Re cup runs - we have been that sh*t in the cups for most of my life that I'd be happy if we avoid getting put out in the first round and would see a semi appearance in either as a vast improvement on recent seasons.

Next season, avoiding relegation, which I am pretty confident we will.

The season following that I will be mair ambitious and go fir top six.

Progress slow and steady will do me...... but no' too slow please :)

If Hearts and more than likely Hibs weren't coming up, I'd go top 6 again as I'd like to see steady progress.

The fact of the matter is though that those two replacing St Mirren and Motherwell will make it an even tighter squeeze to make the top 6 than this season.

Avoiding relegation is every provincial clubs first target in top flight football so I will have to go for that as the question says "the minimum" even though voting for that sounds unambitious.

Re cup runs - we have been that s**t in the cups for most of my life that I'd be happy if we avoid getting put out in the first round and would see a semi appearance in either as a vast improvement on recent seasons.

With the seeding system in league cup we may only need 1 decent win to make semis.

Next season I would imagine ICT, Dabs and Fermers will be weaker due to departures and ageing squads.

We will have a stronger, deeper, younger, hungrier squad so hopefully we won't have the two bad spells we had this year.

Loy and Hemmings will score goals, Luka will come good, we will get more goals from midfield and our defence already looks stronger.

I would be happy with top six and a good cup run, to be honest I reckon we will be top four and make a cup final.

Prediction 4th and League Cup Final.

8th place and a trip to Hampden (semi final or final) would be a good season. 9th or 10th would be a disappointing season unless we made a cup final, 11th or 12thwould be failure and to make top 6 and be in the running for Europe would be an excellent season. I'll settle for the top 8 option and an improvement in our play and players.

I can see Inverness falling down the league next season and potentially St Johnstone too. The DABs are also in a vulnerable way at the moment. Despite Hearts and Hibs/Rangers potentially, I think we should be top 6 again.

Would love a cup run though. The draws were horrendous to us this season.