The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Peh Muncher

Pre Match Drinks Prior to Palace Game

Rate this topic

As a London resident who lives close to Palace, perhaps Dundee fans can meet in Crystal Palace around the park? There are plenty of nice boozers and eateries up there and, if the long term weather forecast is to be believed, it should be 17c, perfect for kerry oots. 

It's about a mile and a half from the stadium (10 mins on the bus/ 5 in a taxi), but can be easily reached by Overground services from  Highbury and Islington (one stop from Kings Cross) or Whitechapel.

I know the area around the stadium and it is a bit grim. 

Just thought I'd get the thoughts on this. 

Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces and some old heads. 

Peh

Me and my squad of 12 others would probably be up for that. The more Dees we can get in the same place the better.

We are meeting at goldsmiths in penge. It's only about half a mile from the ground. There are a few other pubs nearby.

Actually it's a bit further than I thought but only 10 mins on the bus.

We are meeting at goldsmiths in penge. It's only about half a mile from the ground. There are a few other pubs nearby.

It's a couple of miles away from the ground, you're right, but less than half a mile from Crystal Palace Park. I'm sure lots of pubs in the area will be busy with Dee fans. 

Me and my squad of 12 others would probably be up for that. The more Dees we can get in the same place the better.

What flight are you guys on going down???

What flight are you guys on going down???

10.00 on Monday Edinburgh to Stansted.

Is there one specific pub we ate meeting in..

There's about 20 of us meeting in the goldsmiths arms in penge which is a 10 min bus to selhurst. Any dee is welcome to join us. Ddyb

UPDATE FROM TFL:

London Overground: no services will run, except between Dalston Junction and New Cross/New Cross Gate which will operate from 08:00 and 13:00 on Monday and 08:00 and 17:00 on Tuesday

​NO SERVICE TO CRYSTAL PALACE. There will only be a limited service between Dalston and New Cross. 

We've changed pub to the william stanley in south norwood high street as it's nearer selhurst and right beside norwood junction underground and overground stations.

UPDATE FROM TFL:

London Overground: no services will run, except between Dalston Junction and New Cross/New Cross Gate which will operate from 08:00 and 13:00 on Monday and 08:00 and 17:00 on Tuesday

​NO SERVICE TO CRYSTAL PALACE. There will only be a limited service between Dalston and New Cross.

So how does this effect getting from Gatwick to CP? What's other alternatives

Where is everyone meeting.Hopefully we Dees can have a party before and after the game.Better if as many as possible could meet in a certain pub.How good would that be?.