Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Paul Hartley Kept An Eye On New Signing Kevin Holt For Two Years

Source: The Courier

Dundee boss Paul Hartley has revealed he has been tracking new signing Kevin Holt for the last two years.

The Queen of the South left-back agreed a pre-contract with Dundee on Monday and will put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Dens on July 1. Holt will then join the Dark Blues for pre-season training where he will meet other new faces Rory Loy, Nicky Low, Daryll Meggatt and Kane Hemmings.

Hartley said: “Kevin is a good signing for us and I am delighted to get him. He is a player I have watched over the last two years. We have also watched him around 15 times this season to see how he is doing. I think Kevin has good potential also at 22. We like what we see of him.

“We think he is at the right age that we are trying to bring in. The age of the squad is getting younger with the signings we have made. We are trying to progress the club and make the group better. We have had a good season making the top six but we have to improve on that next year.â€

Holt has been with Queen of the South since he was a kid and the Doonhamers are looking for compensation from Dundee for more than 10 years’ worth of development. Hartley is hoping that issue can be settled in the coming days.

He said: “That’s between the two clubs. I think they are still talking just now. I try not to get into that. I just identify the player, get him signed and leave the rest. It is between the two clubs and hopefully that will get resolved in the coming week or so.â€

Like Holt, Meggatt is also a recognised left-back but Hartley hinted they may not be vying for the same position next season.

He said: “Meggatt can play at left centre-back where I played him quite a lot at Alloa. He is as comfortable playing at left-back as he is at centre-back.â€

The arrival of Holt and Meggatt meant that Willie Dyer was deemed surplus to requirements and the former Raith man is now on the hunt for a new club.

Hartley added: “Yes, Willie has left. He did well for us but I just felt that we had to improve and make changes.â€

Meanwhile, three former Dundee favourites will be pulling on a dark blue shirt one more time in Julian Speroni’s testimonial next week. The Crystal Palace keeper’s testimonial committee have confirmed that Speroni’s old Dens Park team-mates Juan Sara, Fabian Caballero and Beto Carranza have agreed to come to London and turn out for Dundee.

Dundee fan and Stoke City midfielder Charlie Adam has already signed up for the Selhurst Park match on Tuesday night.

More than 1,700 fans are set to head south for the occasion.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This in the Courier today about Paul Hartley watching Kevin Holt for two years. The club are impressing me in so many ways right now, and this signing is an exciting one for me. 

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/paul-hartley-kept-an-eye-on-new-signing-kevin-holt-for-two-years-1.877145

Oozing professionalism! 

I agree that Holt is an exciting prospect.

Starting to get the feeling that we've got enough unknown quantities on the books for next season though.

Loy, Meggat, Holt and Hemmings are all exciting signings but none have any significant top level experience.

Totally for the policy of unearthing hidden gems in the lower leagues but it needs to be tempered with a backbone of real top league experience as well IMO..

Will we have the right blend for next season?

Adblock Detected