Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Take-Away In Dundee/food Thread

Ludo*1

For me, hands down, it is the Shaheen across from the Overgate. It got a bad reputation a few years back as there was two running simultaneously and one was just serving poor quality food and was very unhygienic. After a long drawn out process, the owner managed to get his former partner's shut down and since then his place has went from strength to strength. One of the few places that actually uses fresh chicken and it's mammoth portions you get from them too! The best sauces in town too. Kebabs are half decent as well. If you go to the Marmaris next door to the Shaheen, the difference in quality is tangible!

So that's my Indian take-away sorted. What about Fish and Chips?

Hear a lot about the Silvery Tay and the one over in Newport is brilliant, however, that's no Dundee and the Silvery Tay in Dundee just isn't the same. Blue Grotto isn't what it used to be neither is De Niro's. Josie's is half decent but aren't very giving with their chips. Joe's Fish Bar in the Hilltown wins this one for me, fresh fish, sizeable portions, choice of fish and cheaper than most other places.

Indian and Fish Supper sorted... Now I need a Chinese...

Haven't really settled on my favourite Chinese take-away. Used to really like the New Palace up at Macalpine but they closed a while back. Not a big fan of Jade Palace or any of the ones near Dens. Saying that had one from China China a few weeks back which was decent, but wouldn't say it's the best.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Lol Ludo, fresh fish?

When you know where it comes from and how long the boats are out you wouldn't call it fresh. :)

I don't know the best takeaways in dundee, but I can tell you there is a cracker in Los pacos, Costa del sol :)

Fresh as fresh can be at a chipper in Dundee anyways.

Kebabs: It has to be the Original Corfu Kebabs in the seagate - nothing comes close.

Indian.. well.. don't do that too much to be honest.

Fish and Chips: Most of the best chippies have had a real downturn in quality and VFM in recent years. Frankie's Fish Shack seems to be a refreshing change. (although after fireworks night, it was RAMMED, so I went down to the Blue Grotto, which was not nearly as busy, and the scran was actually very good!)

Chinese... much the same as the chippies - I used to SWEAR by the Jade Palace... not nearly as good as it used to be.

Yummy Yummy in Dryburgh is alright, as is the Golden Dragon on Tullideph (although their Curry Sauce has become way too salty in recent months!)

Indian: Agree with Ludo Shaheen in the Overgate is absolutely brilliant.

Kebabs: Only eat chicken ones and again go to Shaheen where the chicken is great.

Chinese: Same as Joe, used to swear by Jade Palace but it's awful now. Wouldn't go anywhere other than Yummy Yummy absolutely love it!!

Chipper: Silvery Tay.

Ludo, I take it you are from St Mary's/Ardler giving you use De Niro's, Josies, Jade Palace, New Palace?

haha, used to be "tommys" up ardler, then when that went pear shaped,it was the jade,after a major sesh in the pheasant.

of later times its was the cinamon main st.for indian.

luigis for fish/chips but mainly their Pizza.

struggling for a Chinese now though. :(

Chippie on the Cleppie (Top of Arkley Street) and the Chinese shop right next to Dens park.

I would suggest an Indian place, but I'm the only one in the family that likes them and no one else does, so I kinda get out voted all the time lol

Adblock Detected