The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Dfc "Work In Progress" Are We Expecting Too Much. Too Quickly ?

Rate this topic

Probably never a good time to raise a question like this after a last game defeat.       Especially Derby Defeat !!       Sickener !!

Good to see a busy forum. But looking at the diversity off opinions on threads relating to PH/DFC, we are all really hurting bad.

Consolidation (and maybe top six) was the main aim for most of us. As we have achieved that, is it  then enough for us DFC fans?

Personally, if we had won yesterday, some threads in the forum would not ony be better reading, we would all have been delighted.

Some of our results, performances, and tactics, have been disappointing ...... and yesterday's result has brought this home to us.

That is how much a win against the Arabs means to us all !! (imo) It is certainly not just another game. Hope PH/BOD, realise this.

Because of recent events, I thought "the ither lot" were there for the taking yesterday. Real opportunity for DFC to put down a marker.

We all know that did not happen. So although at a general level I am well pleased with this season ....What of next for next season?

Some DFC players have gone/going, and PH's signings look good. So is the work in progress ....progressing according to plans ?

Ultimately, I want Dundee FC, to be consistently, and unarguably, the best team in the City...(Don't we all ?)    I think it could happen.

Not necessarily starting next season.  But soon. Next season top six spot will do me.   With improving, progressive, performances.

But amongst that, I so much want Dundee FC to start establishing themselves as Top City Club, by tearing the erse of .....them !!!

• Like 1

The fact is that we cannot repair 40 years of neglect in a short space of time, it's a fact that we have improved on and off the park.

I'm a wee bit dissapointed that PH has not been able to get our players up for the big games.

We had too many deficiencies in vital areas of the side to do much better than sixth place.

The fact is that we cannot repair 40 years of neglect in a short space of time, it's a fact that we have improved on and off the park.

I'm a wee bit dissapointed that PH has not been able to get our players up for the big games.

We had too many deficiencies in vital areas of the side to do much better than sixth place.

new signings need telt, early doors, derbies need their all

new signings need telt, early doors, derbies need their all

Not being funny, but there's no point winning four derbies and being up for these games if we don't win other games. They need to up for every game. It's said we haven't been up for the big games but we did turn up for 2/5 derbys, all the games against Aberdeen 5/5 and 2/5 games against celtic so our record is better than average in the "big" games. What we need is more consistency right across the board.