The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
blueboy

Central Defence

Rate this topic

Why is no one posting on our lack of cover at centre half for next season? Unless we're all happy with Jazza, Big Tam, Gadz and Meg as the new Davo. Have I missed someone?

Because we don't know if our signings are over, maybe?

I dunno....?

Depending on what happens with Gadz & Konrad I suppose. If they are both signed or staying then with Mcpake, Megget and Holt i would think PH sees us as being well covered for centre halfs and centre half cover. If Gadz goes or Konrad is punted then i'd expect them to be replaced. My own opinion is that we could do with a 6ft 3 or 4" centre half who is athletic and quick to compliment Mcpake. I'm not fussed about him being "comfortable" on the ball or expecting 40 yard passes, I just want him to take no prisoners, command our box and clear his lines.

Big lad good in the air and not frightened to put his head to crosses and to clear at all costs. An old fashioned centre half is what I look for. Let others play the ball out and let the centre half be a good stopper.

Big lad good in the air and not frightened to put his head to crosses and to clear at all costs. An old fashioned centre half is what I look for. Let others play the ball out and let the centre half be a good stopper.

Being of the Old School Euan, I entirely agree with your post above (wrote exactly that few days ago)

While there, let's throw in two fast, wide, wingers, who can take on a man, come inside and take a shot, and cross a ball.

To a big centre forward who can rise and  put the ball in the net and willing to take a shot on sight ...... Yearning again I guess, for the good old days.

Gedee, yer just being a silly auld goat. Ye'll  be  asking for a 2-3-5 formation next.

However I agree wi ye. :lol2:

Gedee, yer just being a silly auld goat. Ye'll  be  asking for a 2-3-5 formation next.

However I agree wi ye. :lol2:

Yir dead right Rio in your assessment ..... on me and on meh suggested formatiom !!

Every so often I try to sneak in anither new post topic, aboot the 2-3-5 ..... I think the fancy name is "Pyramd System" ......But naebody ever taks me on !!

Maybe of coorse, that is because awe the NEW systems/formations work ott sae wonderfully weel :lol2:

Eh dinnae ken whit half they new systems mean

Maist o the players on the park dinnae ken whit they mean.

And mair worrying, maist managers dinnae ken whit they mean.

Still it's no oor joab tae worry aboot ither teams. As lang as oor players ken.

Great believer in keeping it simple. "Paralysis by Analysis" is the phrase i'm looking for.