Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Just Back From Palace......Ooofft

123dfc

Just back in the house from Palace and I can honestly say that was one of the best away trips I've ever been on. A lot of drunken Derry boys and girls down there but I didn't see any bother whatsoever, we did our club proud. Atmosphere was amazing and Palace fans all friendly and welcoming. Can see a long term football friendship in the making here. Here's to the 2nd leg next year!

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Will remember that trip for the rest of my life. Love the dees

Absolutely superb time had. What a reception the boys got, especially the legends.

Great atmosphere in and around Croydon from the boozers,to the train station, to the walk to and from the ground and inside Selhurst Park.

The Network Rail guy who worked on the platform at East Croyden who looked the tiniest bit like Speroni was hailed like a king. The poor guy must've been wondering wtf was going on especially when his female colleague started to join in with he singing. Great times.

Crowd surfing, bank robbery, Dee headplanting in and out of a bin, the backflip derry rhumba, a plethora of songs and meeting friends old and new made it an unforgettable trip. Plus there was a big f**k off eagle! My mate suggested we get a farmfoods frozen chicken on a string to swing about at Dens.

Will remember that trip for the rest of my life. Love the dees

Best away day for me too, probably even better than the 73 league cup win strangely enough which was brilliant but not as good as it should have been due to the circumstances at the time. Great to see Speroni back in our goal and the rest of the old guys. Charlie Adam really enjoyed his goal and seemed genuinely overwhelmed at the reception he got. It will be some time before my ears recover from the noise before the game in the covered area for the bar (yes bar!!) at the back of the stand.

Palace fans we met were really friendly and really appreciated us being there. Have thought for a while Palace are a proper team with proper fans and yesterday just reinforced that feeling. Return game would be great but we will never repeat the atmosphere of last night unless we can lay something on for them before the game. Not sure what though...but would be great to welcome them.

• Like 1

Strange how there was not one bit of trouble at a game where alcohol was on sale yet it's banned up here.....the dark ages!

Purely playing devils advocate because I think its the wrong message to single out football fans for no bevvy at the 'event' but yesterdays game was meaningless in real terms so probably not the best example to back up drink at the game. They've had it in England for years with next to no trouble, I know it might have come as a culture shock for a lot of Dees yesterday but it really does work on a weekly basis, I guess in Scotland they could do it for some games with no trouble but others might be a bit iffy.  ;)

home at the back of ten,knackered.

great couple of days, the bar in the away end was absolutely banging, packed solid and food and drink flowed easily.

got to our hotel Tuesday at the back of dinner time, who are sitting in the lounge. .......the TEAM.

loads of pics with all the guys,

then when we finally got back every body was at the bar ,Charlie Adam included.[gave his boots away after the game]

Adblock Detected