The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
blueboy

Mark Stewart

Rate this topic

Just signed a two-year deal with Raith. Thought he was finished, like Bob Davidson and so many others for whom Dundee were a last chance. Who else am I trying to think of?

Conroy's left Raith to join QotS.

Conroy's left Raith to join QotS.

This is interesting...always assumed Raith would offer comparable wages with QotS, if not more (plus there is the central belt thing that players tend to like). Can we assume that QotS are paying a little bit more this year in an attempt to have a real go at promotion? Hibs will run away with it next year IMO, but with the inclusion of the play-offs teams like QotS, Falkirk, Raith can still have a right go at promotion.

To be fair to QotS, I think they train in Glasgow so it's not too much of an upheaval except for on match days.

They'll just be investing the big sum they'll be receiving from us for Holt!

They seem like they are losing all their promising talent. Noticed their midfielder McShane joined County the other day and Gavin Reilly is expected to go.

Only Durnan (The CH I wish we'd sign) hasn't been linked away yet.

I did see that about McShane and Reilly (linked with Hearts?). It's a shame but I suppose that's the consequences of a successful season for smaller clubs these days! Might still yet go for Durnan if Gadzhalov gets released. Would be decent, inexpensive back-up.

I did see that about McShane and Reilly (linked with Hearts?). It's a shame but I suppose that's the consequences of a successful season for smaller clubs these days! Might still yet go for Durnan if Gadzhalov gets released. Would be decent, inexpensive back-up.

It's similar to us when we were runners-up to Hamilton and lost Dixon (spit), Robertson (spit), McDonald, Swankie, Lyle and Palenik in the summer. Players we brought in were Pozniak, Young, Cameron, Gilhaney, Paton et al. That's some drop in standard, no wonder we struggled.

It's similar to us when we were runners-up to Hamilton and lost Dixon (spit), Robertson (spit), McDonald, Swankie, Lyle and Palenik in the summer. Players we brought in were Pozniak, Young, Cameron, Gilhaney, Paton et al. That's some drop in standard, no wonder we struggled.

In saying that I remember having high hopes for Young, Cameron and Gilhaney. How wrong was I?! Think Young is actually up there with SBJ and Hughes as the worst signings in my lifetime supporting Dundee.

Did Paton no win our POTY?

Darren Williams was another in that squad. With the size of him his thigh would have fed Ciftci for about a month.

Did Paton no win our POTY?

Darren Williams was another in that squad. With the size of him his thigh would have fed Ciftci for about a month.

He did. That was after the run of dreadful right-backs and he had a good first season, so-so ish second then got freed in admin II.

The following is a list of everyone who played for us from relegation to joey promotion thanks to Rangers' demise (WARNING: NOT FOR THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION):

Mark Alison

Iain Anderson

David Black

Garry Brady

Gerry Britton

Steven Craig

Bryan Deasley

Paul Dixon

Jacinto Ela Eyene

Andrew Ferguson

Graham Fyfe

Scott Gates

Robert Hendry

Tom Hutchinson

Kelvin Jack

Keiren Keane

Joel Kitamirike

Graeme Law

Simon Lynch

Calum MacDonald

Adrian Madaschi

Bobby Mann

Colin Marshall

Stuart McCluskey

Kevin McDonald

Tom McManus

Steven McNalley

Scott Murray

Craig O'Reilly

Steven Robb

Scott Robertson

Barry Smith

Derek Soutar

Gavin Swankie

Lee Wilkie

Jon Boggan

Robert Campbell

Dyron Daal

Bob Davidson

Craig Forsyth

Danny Griffin

Khalid Hamdaoui

Ross Harris

Craig Higgins

Scott Johnson

Derek Lyle

Gary MacKenzie

Brian McGinty

Paul McHale

Andy McLaren

Alex Rae

Calum Reidford

Ludovic Roy

Jay Shields

Gary Smith

Kevin Smith

Greg Strong

Mickael Antoine-Curier

Brian Clark

Martyn Corrigan

David Cowan

Frederic Daquin

Eddie Malone

Colin McMenamin

Patrick Noubissie

David O'Brien

Milan Palenik

Craig Samson

Jani Sturm

Michael White

David Worrell

Jan Zemlik

Kyle Benedictus

Colin Cameron

Rhian Dodds

Rab Douglas

Giorgos Efrem

Mark Gilhaney

Jim Lauchlan

Craig McKeown

Eddie Mearns

Eric Paton

Chris Pozniak

Andrew Shinnie

Darren Williams

Darren Young

Tony Bullock

Chris Casement

Patrick Clarke

Robert Geddes

Leigh Griffiths

Gary Harkins

Richard Hart

Sean Higgins

Ben Hutchinson

Brian Kerr

Maros Klimpl

Robert Malcolm

Ryan O'Leary

Connor Rennie

Jamie Adams

Gary Bartlett

Graham Bayne

Tom Brighton

Scott Fox

John Gibson

Charlie Grant

Stewart Greacen

Jake Hyde

Gary Irvine

Njazi Kuqi

Matt Lockwood

Neil McCann

Leighton Mcintosh

Milan Misun

Stephen O'Donnell

Nicky Riley

Craig Robertson

Netan Sansara

Dominic Shimmin

Johnny Stewart

Alan Tulleth

Graham Webster

Rhys Weston

David Witteveen

Ross Chisholm

Ryan Conroy

Calum Elliot

Carl Finnigan

Mark Fotheringham

Steven Masterton

Kevin McBride

Jamie McCluskey

Neil McGregor

Steven Milne

Gavin Rae

Jamie Reid

Did Paton not sign for us the season we were slugging it out with Hamilton?

I seem to recall terrifying January rumours that St Johnstone were in talks with both him and Palenik!

Just signed a two-year deal with Raith. Thought he was finished, like Bob Davidson and so many others for whom Dundee were a last chance. Who else am I trying to think of?

Mark Stewart is only 26yrs old.

Mark Stewart is only 26yrs old.

Must have had a Paper round in the multis

Must have had a Paper round in the multis

Multis paper rounds were a piece of pish. So long as the lifts were working. Trecking round posh houses with bagfulls of Sunday Times supplements - that was the killer.

Did Paton not sign for us the season we were slugging it out with Hamilton?

I seem to recall terrifying January rumours that St Johnstone were in talks with both him and Palenik!

Think we signed him mid-season but couldn't get QoS to agree to let him join us in January.

Multis paper rounds were a piece of pish. So long as the lifts were working. Trecking round posh houses with bagfulls of Sunday Times supplements - that was the killer.

Amazing I'vekept my boyish good looks in that case:-)