The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Riodee

John Bennett

Rate this topic

Apparently has resigned from the dabs as he is unhappy over the Ciftci responce.

Resigns for the umpteenth time...

Maybe the only one over there that has any integrity?

Somehow, this time, I think it is final.

Courier at the moment states only that he "Feels it is time for some fresh blood"....

Maybe thats what TFW was after...???

Might have something to do with the frooters losing out on £700,000 due to hulls relegation.

Pleasing.

• Like 2

Aww shame

I think his heart has always been at Dens.

It seems he is the Dabs Director that has resigned, allegedly due to their handling of Ciftigate.

He is a good friend to DFC and i understand preliminary talks have taken place about buying back Dens.

Why not offer him shares in our club as part of the negotiations?

As long as it did not give him overall control, it might be worth a shot.

He could have bought the whole club for £1 a few years back so doubt he would write off tens of thousands of pounds for a bit part share.

Think there will be a lot more to his resignation than how they have dealt with Cifti. I don't think we need another person with a major share interest in the club, things seem to be ticking along just fine as it is. Let him enjoy his retirement from football politics and if and when we raise funds to buy back Dens I am hopeful that it will be on decent terms with Mr Bennet.

It seems he is the Dabs Director that has resigned, allegedly due to their handling of Ciftigate.

He is a good friend to DFC and i understand preliminary talks have taken place about buying back Dens.

Why not offer him shares in our club as part of the negotiations?

As long as it did not give him overall control, it might be worth a shot.

The Texans offered him a substantial sum, I'd heard £700,000 and he knocked it back. He had shares in the club, the club, whilst 'fan' run asked for them back. He put a deal on the table which in his own words was 'crazy demands' and the 'club' just signed it. Hence what he makes PA from us, much outweighing the £700,000 offer in the long run.

Things may have changed and this might signal him wanting his money out of football and away from it, there would be no harm in asking.