Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our squad

Smiffy1

More than strong enough for this league.

Crazy line up, again, proven prem cm on the bench, we start a cb.

Most dangerous looking two not starting as a two.

Is it bomber/Hartley time, last promotion season (far tougher league), I fancied us going up the hard way, this season. No.

Heavily backed in window, went backwards.....

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Densparker said:

Why Oh Why doesn't GB play two up front?

Been done to absolute death this one but still the questions keep coming. Anyone who's watched us, or pretty much every other team in the land, will know the answer to that one. Without sticking a striker out wide (Jakubiak would a decent enough fit) we're gonna struggle. To get an out and out 2 up front with the players we have and with 2 central midfielder's, 2 wingers and a creative player like Cameron in behind is going to be difficult. Going 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 at this late stage might pay off but the manager would be crucified if he gambled, whilst we're still in the hunt, and it didn't.

Ironically most people were full of praise for Partick in both games at Dens. A lot on here today said that they looked the more dangerous side on the counter. They play with one up front and 2 pacey wide men either side.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Been done to absolute death this one but still the questions keep coming. Anyone who's watched us, or pretty much every other team in the land, will know the answer to that one. Without sticking a striker out wide (Jakubiak would a decent enough fit) we're gonna struggle. To get an out and out 2 up front with the players we have and with 2 central midfielder's, 2 wingers and a creative player like Cameron in behind is going to be difficult. Going 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 at this late stage might pay off but the manager would be crucified if he gambled, whilst we're still in the hunt, and it didn't.

Ironically most people were full of praise for Partick in both games at Dens. A lot on here today said that they looked the more dangerous side on the counter. They play with one up front and 2 pacey wide men either side.

The problem isn't with the one striker up front it's more to do with the complete lack of support when the ball is played up to that striker. The ball is lumped forward and the midfield behind stand like statues waiting to see what happens next. Almost like we are looking to pick up as many 2nd balls as possible from the launch up front. Brutal tactic if that is the case.  After the Queen's game at Dens, Jakubiak must be mega pissed off that he hasn't been given a real chance alongside Robinson. The most dangerous we have looked all season but we seemingly can't play that system because nobody else in the team is reliable enough to do their job in the team. I can't get mega upset about today's result with the injuries and illnesses and all that but I also can't get excited to any extent about Tuesday either as I think the starting eleven is going to be entirely predictable. GB looks like he could be running out of ideas??

• Agree 7

3 minutes ago, Attilio said:

The problem isn't with the one striker up front it's more to do with the complete lack of support when the ball is played up to that striker. The ball is lumped forward and the midfield behind stand like statues waiting to see what happens next. Almost like we are looking to pick up as many 2nd balls as possible from the launch up front. Brutal tactic if that is the case.  After the Queen's game at Dens, Jakubiak must be mega pissed off that he hasn't been given a real chance alongside Robinson. The most dangerous we have looked all season but we seemingly can't play that system because nobody else in the team is reliable enough to do their job in the team. I can't get mega upset about today's result with the injuries and illnesses and all that but I also can't get excited to any extent about Tuesday either as I think the starting eleven is going to be entirely predictable. GB looks like he could be running out of ideas??

Which did for PH- running out of ideas. Training games must be like watching paint dry 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Attilio said:

Totally agree with all of that. Today when we moved the ball from back to front or when we got the ball in attacking positions out wide we lacked support for Robinson, the only player who repeatedly made forward runs, as far as I could see, was McGhee. Second balls are a bug bear of mine, if we want the 1 up top to succeed then we need proper forward thinking and/or high pressing midfielders picking up any loose balls. We pretty much all have a pop at the manager for his team and tactics from time to time but he can only pick a team based on what he sees in training.  The players need to take more responsibility for me because right now I think they're maybe giving less than their all, with a few exceptions and short changing us and their boss. Maybe this explains why McGhee plays every week.

• Agree 4

what annoys me is watch Ashcroft with the ball at his feet i lose count how many times he asks a player to come looking for a pass only to be ignored thus he just ends up launching it

for me our biggest problem is our midfield they all seem reluctant to take a bloody pass and drive forward

• Star Post 1
  • Agree 5

Unless we play our best players in there best positions and play two up top to take the game to our opponents then we’re not going up. If Bowyer isn’t prepared to take his ego and stubbornness and shove it up his ar*e then he should walk!!

The sad thing is that McPake would have us in a better position with this squad than Bowyer has us!!!

3 minutes ago, bjs said:

Unless we play our best players in there best positions and play two up top to take the game to our opponents then we’re not going up. If Bowyer isn’t prepared to take his ego and stubbornness and shove it up his ar*e then he should walk!!

The sad thing is that McPake would have us in a better position with this squad than Bowyer has us!!!

I'm not so sure on that but even if he would - it's because it's largely his squad.

With Charlie Adam added to the mix, it took McPake until the last day of the season to finish 2nd at his second attempt in the league!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not so sure on that but even if he would - it's because it's largely his squad.

exactly..every bad. semi bad result and we're all on here ripping into Bowyer....we all know and i suspect he knows that what he got handed to him at the start of the season just aint good enough i'd like to see what he could do with a summer transfer window to wheel and deal in

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, charliedee said:

exactly..every bad. semi bad result and we're all on here ripping into Bowyer....we all know and i suspect he knows that what he got handed to him at the start of the season just aint good enough i'd like to see what he could do with a summer transfer window to wheel and deal in

But just about every result since the turn of the year has been bad/semi bad. Especially at home. He cannot compete with the teams around him, going by results.  He brought in six players, not counting Robinson.  Whilst  I would concede that the winter window is usually very poor,  I can’t identify one who is way ahead of what we had, or even ahead, possibly the left back. Your point in the other thread about Ashcroft and the midfield Is spot on.  That line of three who have been found out by opponents does my ferking  head in. And Cameron right in the middle where the opposing central defenders’  headers back from our long points are landing, has absolutely no chance physically of competing. 

• Agree 1

Adblock Detected