The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Manager's Performance

Rate this topic

Manager's performance  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Paul Hartley's performance for the last season

Thought it would be interesting to see how fans rate the job Hartley has done out of ten for season 2014/15.

Better than average, 7/10 from me 

7/10 for me. Great effort to finish in top 6, and it would have been an 8/9 if we didn't get 3 big defeats from United. All in all a very good season.

8/10 for me. The derby defeats hurt but wouldn't have thought we could make top 6 first year up so fair play to him for that. Also think the business he has done for next year also pushes his mark up slightly.

6/10 for me despite allegedly having a loathing of absolutely everything he does.

Top 6 can't be faulted and therefore he deserves the kudos that comes along with that.

However the worst result in the clubs history (IMO), iffy signings and a low level of home entertainment at some points in the season drag down the score.

Fingers crossed for a 7.5-8 next season.

• Like 1

A 6 from me too.

He's done exactly what I expect of a Dundee manager (even tho it's rarely happened in the past), but not exceeded expectation.

I'm still reserving true judgement for next season as it'll be first season in the premiership out the way and almost a full squad of Hartley players.

If he can bring silver next year that would be exceeding expectation.

6/10 for me. Delighted to be in top aux but his decisions regarding formation, tactics and subs etc dont fill me with confidence and he doesn't seem to learn from previous errors

10 = winning a trophy, qualifying for Europe and soundly thumping the Dabs in all derbies

9 = winning a trophy, qualifying for Europe and soundly thumping the Dabs in most derbies

8 = winning a trophy, finishing top six but outside Europe and thumping Dabs in most derbies

7 = finishing in Europe, thumping Dabs in most derbies

6 = finishing top six, beating the dabs at least once

6? Sounds harsh first season back but we should be setting bar higher long term..

Better than average, 7/10 from me 

i would have gone 7 or 8 if it hadnt been a very poor league and the humpings from them

Tough crowd.

Surely staying up warranted a minimum 6?

Still... everyone so far has given him a pass marking... :)

7 from me.

Top six greatly exceeded expectations.

3 losses to the filth hurt, but three games shouldn't colour him for the entire season.

Tempted to give him a 7. But realistically I think 6 is fair.

Still of the belief PH is making mistakes. But as a hard working, ambitious, manager, I think PH will learn from them. And progress.

Let's have a bit o a cup run, and win a few derby games, and again finish top six next season....And I'll skip 7 next year, and go fir  8

• Like 1

Top 6, no trophy,no Europe, not relegated, signed bad players signed good players.

So above average, hence a 6. 6.5 at a push.

• Like 1

10 = winning a trophy, qualifying for Europe and soundly thumping the Dabs in all derbies

9 = winning a trophy, qualifying for Europe and soundly thumping the Dabs in most derbies

8 = winning a trophy, finishing top six but outside Europe and thumping Dabs in most derbies

7 = finishing in Europe, thumping Dabs in most derbies

6 = finishing top six, beating the dabs at least once

6? Sounds harsh first season back but we should be setting bar higher long term..

Like this concept. would have added in finishing above United in the league.

Think he definitely went over the pass marks which would of been in the bottom 6 and avoiding the playoff spot. 7 out of 10.