Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Steven Caulker - Dundee was mental.

Ludo*1

Dundee stuff starts about 1 hour and 20 minutes in. Goes on about Paul McGowan being on a tag. Another player that was our captain that season (Darren O'Dea?) jumping on a table in Pizza Express and declaring 'f**k the manager, we are getting on it' and then being stripped of the captaincy and it given to him for a game before he ended up trashing a hotel and getting stripped of it as well.

Also confirms that Neil McCann talked him out of going to Rosenborg for £2m by turning up at his house at 10am on a Sunday morning so confirms that story as true but states that he was entitled to 66% of the fee.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee stuff starts about 1 hour and 20 minutes in. Goes on about Paul McGowan being on a tag. Another player that was our captain that season (Darren O'Dea?) jumping on a table in Pizza Express and declaring 'f**k the manager, we are getting on it' and then being stripped of the captaincy and it given to him for a game before he ended up trashing a hotel and getting stripped of it as well.

Also confirms that Neil McCann talked him out of going to Rosenborg for £2m by turning up at his house at 10am on a Sunday morning so confirms that story as true but states that he was entitled to 66% of the fee.

Fantastic player on his game. Potentially one of the most talented at DFC since the Bonetti era. He had issues though and I really hoped he would sort those out although it doesn't seem to have been going great for him since leaving Alanyaspor. I see him as a bit of a victim of the game in some regards, players don't get the support they need on how to manage success and, even more so, how to develop a career beyond football for those who don't make enough to retire on. Clubs should take more responsibility to ensure young players continue their education, academically, mentally, socially, whatever. Football has no loyalty, that's the sad reality. I'll watch the vid later and hope there's some positive stuff there. Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Did he not get sent home from the pre season camp? 

And We've never wasted money on that again.

He did, we were in Portugal and he had a relapse, he is pretty much a recovering alcoholic.

He had all the attributes to be a very, very good player, but he wasn't mentally switched on at all.

2 hours ago, Aberdee said:

Clubs should take more responsibility to ensure young players continue their education, academically, mentally, socially, whatever. Football has no loyalty, that's the sad reality. 

Back in the 70s I was doing day release at Dundee College and alongside me in the class was a young Atholl Henderson from St Johnstone who was also studying accountancy. 

He moved to Celtic but didn't make it there and the decision by his club and himself to do prepare for a potential life outside football later in his life was sensible. All players should think of life after football. 

• Like 2

Caulker is a nonentity. DCT's decision to waste newspaper space on that nonsense last night was at best a misjudgement but IMO was malevolent and along with another article in the same paper clearly a dig at the Dee.I used to occasionally buy a Courier or ET but no more.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected