Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Queens Park (Away, 05th May 2023) Match thread

TheWhiteCafu

Prematch Polls  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be in this game?

2. 2. Who should start for the Dee?

With it looking increasingly likely that the title is going to - at least mathematically - go down to the last game of the season, how do we see it working out? 

Queens fans on pie and bovril suggesting our ticket allocation could be as low as 300 which would obviously be an absolute sh*t show. 

Would there be a hoard of dees stood outside the ground? Lottery type draw for season ticket holders and everyone else has to do with BBC Scotland? Would the police even allow it to go ahead there? 

Or do we just do a Dumbarton away all over again and give all the tickets to Supporters Clubs? 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, TheWhiteCafu said:

With it looking increasingly likely that the title is going to - at least mathematically - go down to the last game of the season, how do we see it working out? 

Queens fans on pie and bovril suggesting our ticket allocation could be as low as 300 which would obviously be an absolute sh*t show. 

Would there be a hoard of dees stood outside the ground? Lottery type draw for season ticket holders and everyone else has to do with BBC Scotland? Would the police even allow it to go ahead there? 

Or do we just do a Dumbarton away all over again and give all the tickets to Supporters Clubs? 

I think it'll be over by the last game. Win at ICT and we're almost home & dry. Even discounting ICT we're odds on to defeat Cove at home so that's 4 points ahead with a better goal difference. QP would need to pick up points from 2 very difficult games against Ayr & Morton to make it a helicopter Sunday. I think we'll pick up more points from ICT & Cove than they will from Ayr & Ton. 4 points from our next 2 games would mean they'd need at least 2 draws and then a big win on the final day to overtake us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think it'll be over by the last game. Win at ICT and we're almost home & dry. Even discounting ICT we're odds on to defeat Cove at home so that's 4 points ahead with a better goal difference. QP would need to pick up points from 2 very difficult games against Ayr & Morton to make it a helicopter Sunday. I think we'll pick up more points from ICT & Cove than they will from Ayr & Ton. 4 points from our next 2 games would mean they'd need at least 2 draws and then a big win on the final day to overtake us. 

Hope your right Rev I fear the ICT game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The helicopter wouldn't need to do much movement anyway, just hover over Ochilview.

Maybe Ochilview will need a safety review to come up with an updated capacity?

I know it's been confirmed but I wouldn't be totally surprised if there is another venue change on the agenda. There are quite a few options and vacant grounds that Friday, there was a groundshare agreement with Thistle a couple of seasons ago and they've had Hampden this season.

5 hours ago, harry94 said:

Maybe Ochilview will need a safety review to come up with an updated capacity?

I know it's been confirmed but I wouldn't be totally surprised if there is another venue change on the agenda. There are quite a few options and vacant grounds that Friday, there was a groundshare agreement with Thistle a couple of seasons ago and they've had Hampden this season.

I doubt they'll give up home advantage unless everything is done and dusted by then. 

Can they be forced to change, by the Police for example?

6 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Even a win v ICT may not change the table - Queens just have to match our results to leave us facing a 'must not lose' face-off with them. 

They do have 2 difficult games to our one (sorry Cove) but they are 1 point off top so clearly have something about them and are well capable of picking up a couple of points from both games - that may well leave them needing a big win v us IF we pick up something at Caley. If lose to Caley we may be just 2 ahead going into that last game.

All ifs and buts but I have a feeling we'll need something in that last game. 

• Agree 1

Adblock Detected