Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

At home Friday

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
15 minutes ago, Craigowl said:

If we were playing at Dens on Friday to win the league how many people would turn up?

I reckon close to capacity. 

So where were they all last Friday against Cove?

It's like cup finals mate, ICT had 4000 v Falkirk but Billy Dodds said post match that he was hoping for 20,000 for the final. 

It's just the way it'll always be.

52 minutes ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

You are having a dig at people for turning out in numbers for a completely hypothetical event 🤔

Not having a dig at all simply pointing it that this rush for tickets will always happen when something to play for.

5 minutes ago, Billy Pirie said:

After some of the utter sh**e performances served up this season I reckon just under 8,000 Dees on Friday was a reasonable turnout given it was live on TV.

It was under 7,000 and even that was a bit inflated based on being there 

1 hour ago, Craigowl said:

If we were playing at Dens on Friday to win the league how many people would turn up?

I reckon close to capacity. 

So where were they all last Friday against Cove?

Most of them were there.

Some werent there because it wasnt a title decider on the last day of the season.

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Most of them were there.

Some werent there because it wasnt a title decider on the last day of the season.

That's the point frank I don't understand why people imagine other people wouldn't want to go to the game this week. It would always be the same.

6 minutes ago, Craigowl said:

That's the point frank I don't understand why people imagine other people wouldn't want to go to the game this week. It would always be the same.

The tickets we've been given were only available to ST holders anyway. There was never going to be enough for a general sale. 

If it had been at Dens, I wonder what allocation we'd have given Queen's Park.

In 2014, we squeezed Dumbarton fans into the smallest possible area of the Main Stand (I remember it being suggested we house them in the seats underneath that section, next to the tunnel!). But of course, Dumbarton had nothing to play for so it was a reasonable course of action.

I suspect we'd have given QP the usual "small" allocation of A, B and C which is ~1,000 IIRC. 

21 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

The tickets we've been given were only available to ST holders anyway. There was never going to be enough for a general sale. 

Totally get that but there's a lot of abuse going about like people shouldn't want to see their team, better fan syndrome. Nobody knows anyone else's circumstances and it's all a bit OTT

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, markthedee said:

If it had been at Dens, I wonder what allocation we'd have given Queen's Park.

In 2014, we squeezed Dumbarton fans into the smallest possible area of the Main Stand (I remember it being suggested we house them in the seats underneath that section, next to the tunnel!). But of course, Dumbarton had nothing to play for so it was a reasonable course of action.

I suspect we'd have given QP the usual "small" allocation of A, B and C which is ~1,000 IIRC. 

The big difference is that in the above scenario we would have sold the seats to our own support. If QP had said you are only getting 10% of the capacity as we are going to sell the other 90% to our support it would be hard to criticise. 

Its like DFC giving them 100 tickets (approximate equivalent proportion of their season ticket holders)  for that 1000 seater area and leaving the rest empty.......we'd be slated and rightly so.

Once the SPFL made them increase it to c1000 I think their motivation for restricting was hugely undermined and Im surprised they haven't now changed tact and tried to maximise their income.

A DFC win and it will all be forgotten 🤞

Adblock Detected