Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Why sack Gary Ogilvie when he is better at recruitment than incoming Callum Davidson?

Ogilvie was doing a great job and had a good track record with recruitment. Has Davidson asked for all the backroom staff to be cleared out? Why not keep people who have proven they are good at their jobs? Are Davidson and Strachan going to do the recruitment themselves? I am nervous...

• Agree 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Ogilvie was doing a great job and had a good track record with recruitment. Has Davidson asked for all the backroom staff to be cleared out? Why not keep people who have proven they are good at their jobs? Are Davidson and Strachan going to do the recruitment themselves? I am nervous...

How do we know he was doing a better job that Davidson? Who did we recruit that Ogilvie recommended? 

19 minutes ago, Taipei said:

Is there any evidence that Ogilvie was doing a great job?

I'm not being critical of the guy but was going to say exactly this. Not one of us know what his actual job was day to day and how influential he's actually been so I think it's very hard to really comment.

1 hour ago, Bobby123 said:

OGILVIE RESIGNED NOT SACKED

Yes, but would have been told that he wouldn't be in charge of recruitment any more and probably took a package to leave...I think this whole thing stinks and has been made much worse but zero communication from Nelms and Strachan. That's why there is so much comment on here. They don't respect the fans who are the club not them.

I feel Nelms, working largely on the Project or if you want, the Other Agenda, to get a foothold for the owners in Dundee, is not a bit interested or capable of running a boy scout troop never mind a Premier Football Club.

He surely must say something about what is going on, however unpalatable it may be. His reputation and as a result,  that of Dundee Football Club is shot. ( Lost vote debacle didn't exactly enhance Nelms reputation and Dundee FC became a swear word overnight. It's like Dundee are King Midas in Reverse, (old Hollies song for the uninitiated).

Why would that be?

Totally underwhelming budget for the Premier?

Too little power promised to the incoming manager compared to the norm?

Inadequate contract promises for players, backroom staff and manager. Is this why Ogilvie resigned.

Is the team to be run on an even smaller shoestring than before?

Backroom staff sacked, eg, laundry lady, etc earlier in the season.

Manager sacked.

Assistant sacked.

Physio sacked.

Sports science sacked.

Dens closed, (except for match days)

Complaints about using Kingsway for training despite someone sanctioning Gardyne.

More backroom sackings.

Uncompetitive in the transfer markets.

Its quicker listing what's still up and running.

Any positives?

• Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Indeed said:

GS is no fool.

Why can he not say something. He surely knows this deafening silence is utterly unacceptable?

Or has the cat, (Nelms or tiddles or whatever his name is), got his tongue?

What do you want him to say? Nothing new about backroom staff leaving when a manager leaves,let's see where we are pre season before flaming everyone.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected