Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Stadium Design

I don't know if these are the complete final designs but it's pretty basic looking if you ask me. Not inspiring at all. It's very boxy and I don't like those bits at the corners. Very clinical looking with stands of all the same size. I thought that Nelms had been to see the New York Stadium with 12k capacity in Rotherham? It's still a boxy type design but much better looking with the bigger main stand.  Also we don't need 15k seats. So you could take out 3k of seats and do something the same as Rotherham...Are we destined to get the cheapest possible stadium and the most basic architectural design? 

DFC_Stadium_HiRes_01__0000-1iw5s9m6k.jpeg

web_Rotherham-United-FC-Stadium_credit_Duncan Cuthbertson_shutterstock_1723522492.png

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I don't know if these are the complete final designs but it's pretty basic looking if you ask me. Not inspiring at all. It's very boxy and I don't like those bits at the corners. Very clinical looking with stands of all the same size. I thought that Nelms had been to see the New York Stadium with 12k capacity in Rotherham? It's still a boxy type design but much better looking with the bigger main stand.  Also we don't need 15k seats. So you could take out 3k of seats and do something the same as Rotherham. 

web_Rotherham-United-FC-Stadium_credit_Duncan Cuthbertson_shutterstock_1723522492.png

I don’t care just f*****g build it.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Daniel Watson said:

I don’t care just f*****g build it.

I care if it has too many seats and is the cheapest design available. It will be underwhelming.

All these examples below have 12k capacity or less and much better designs.

rotterdam.jpeg

neuchatel.jpeg

molde.jpeg

maribor.jpeg

Particularly like this one with the two tier stand. Capacity 11,700. FC Viktoria. Cz Rep

Doosan_Arena_-_Štruncovy_sady.jpg

Also this. Pontevedra - 12000 capacity.

pontevedra310812a.jpg

32 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I don't know if these are the complete final designs but it's pretty basic looking if you ask me. Not inspiring at all. It's very boxy and I don't like those bits at the corners. Very clinical looking with stands of all the same size. I thought that Nelms had been to see the New York Stadium with 12k capacity in Rotherham? It's still a boxy type design but much better looking with the bigger main stand.  Also we don't need 15k seats. So you could take out 3k of seats and do something the same as Rotherham...Are we destined to get the cheapest possible stadium and the most basic architectural design? 

A better perspective of the design might be to compare the new design with where we currently play, rather cherry picking state-of-art designs from across the world? 

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

Where did you get the image from mate? Has this been released recently? FWIW I kind like it. Not going to get hung up on design to be honest, just get it built and go from there!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, dblair said:

Where did you get the image from mate? Has this been released recently? FWIW I kind like it. Not going to get hung up on design to be honest, just get it built and go from there!

I know what you mean but I think it's worth building something decent and not just 4 boxy stands at the cheapest cost. If the place has a good design then it's likely to attract more fans and visitors. Make it architecturally interesting! Why not? It's going to stand for many years. Current design is boring as hell :)

https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/dundee-fc-submits-revised-plans-for-new-stadium

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I actually think it looks quite decent. Looks well enclosed etc unlike the likes of McDiarmid etc with massive gaps in corners 

Hmmm it's better that McDiarmid yes but that's not saying much. Yes the corners are filled in but overall, compared to other designs I have seen and posted up it's basic. And we could lose 3k seats. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

A better perspective of the design might be to compare the new design with where we currently play, rather cherry picking state-of-art designs from across the world? 

No doesn't make sense. What benefit does that bring? Makes us accept mediocrity. Oh it looks better than Dens. Fabulous, job done...Not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

I believe we're destined to get no stadium at all.

However if we do - does it really matter what it looks like?

• Agree 1

Adblock Detected