Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Who would you retain/free/transfer list?


Recommended Posts

Retain:

Ashcroft 

Mcghee 

Mulligan 

Max

Mcmullan 

Mccowan 

Jakubiak 

Retain and loan out:

Finn

Sharp

Fisher

Graham 

Free:

Legzdins 

Sweeney 

Marshall

Luke Strachan 

Gowser 

Reedy

Sheridan

Wilkie Welsh findlay and all the over 18 youngsters.

Available for transfer:

Rudden

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Id keep Ashcroft and Sweeney as we will need four centre half’s (although French and McGhee can play there as cover), I’d keep McGhee as he’s finally adapted to the defensive midfielder role and provides cover at centre back and right back.  Mulligan is a no brainier and I’d keep McCowan and McMullan as we will need four wide players. 
Ledgzins could be offered a one year deal as we will need a decent experienced back up. 
Like you I’d offer a one year deal (with option) to Sharp, Anderson and Robertson but I’d loan them out to a Championship club for at least the first six months of the season. 
Sherriden, Marshall, Gowser, Reedy and Strachan can be let go. Fisher can be let go but as we’ve offered him a deal we let him go for nothing but put a 25%+ sell on clause into his deal with his new club or a promotion bonus payment. 
From those under contract then Rudden is the biggest conundrum. I still think there’s a player but I’m not sure if he fits us, so I’d try and use him as a makeweight for a deal somewhere or I’d lone him out or let him go but with the same sort of clauses as Fisher. 
 

That would still leave us needing to sign 1 x Keeper, 1or 2 left backs, 2 central or attacking midfielders, 1 or 2 wide players and 2 or 3 strikers!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being harsh, I'd like to keep: 

Mulligan

Anderson (didn't have a good season last season but still young and showed promising signs the season before)

Ashcroft

McCowan 

McMullan (off the bench) 

McGhee (squad option)

Sharp (loan out) 

Fisher (loan out)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cannigia said:

Being harsh, I'd like to keep: 

Mulligan

Anderson (didn't have a good season last season but still young and showed promising signs the season before)

Ashcroft

McCowan 

McMullan (off the bench) 

McGhee (squad option)

Sharp (loan out) 

Fisher (loan out)

 

 

Apparently McMullan has quit Dens

Edited by Mary
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bjs said:

Id keep Ashcroft and Sweeney as we will need four centre half’s (although French and McGhee can play there as cover), I’d keep McGhee as he’s finally adapted to the defensive midfielder role and provides cover at centre back and right back.  Mulligan is a no brainier and I’d keep McCowan and McMullan as we will need four wide players. 
Ledgzins could be offered a one year deal as we will need a decent experienced back up. 
Like you I’d offer a one year deal (with option) to Sharp, Anderson and Robertson but I’d loan them out to a Championship club for at least the first six months of the season. 
Sherriden, Marshall, Gowser, Reedy and Strachan can be let go. Fisher can be let go but as we’ve offered him a deal we let him go for nothing but put a 25%+ sell on clause into his deal with his new club or a promotion bonus payment. 
From those under contract then Rudden is the biggest conundrum. I still think there’s a player but I’m not sure if he fits us, so I’d try and use him as a makeweight for a deal somewhere or I’d lone him out or let him go but with the same sort of clauses as Fisher. 
 

That would still leave us needing to sign 1 x Keeper, 1or 2 left backs, 2 central or attacking midfielders, 1 or 2 wide players and 2 or 3 strikers!!

I think you nailed it on the head, good choices. Anderson and Robertson can go, they are simply not good enough despite the early promise. We don't have the luxury this season to give these lads more time, when its another wage or 2 that could be freed up..........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, darkbluecheshire said:

I think you nailed it on the head, good choices. Anderson and Robertson can go, they are simply not good enough despite the early promise. We don't have the luxury this season to give these lads more time, when its another wage or 2 that could be freed up..........

It didn't work out for Anderson this year but he had two really good seasons and didn't get a proper run because of injury (which hasn't happened in his Dundee career before). He won't be on a lot of money and sure if he doesn't make the grade, it'd not be an expensive mistake we couldn't move off balance sheet easy enough.

Robertson I'd be inclined to agree with unless a good quality side are taking him on loan with a high wage contribution. Needs to play consistently next year whatever happens for his own career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...