Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adam Legzdins - New Contract - 2 Year Deal

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Don't disagree on retaining him with a view to deputising for another option but find it a but find it bizarre we're giving a two year deal to someone at that age with a poor injury record. I know keepers age a bit differently sometimes but odds are that he's not going to get any better.

Really hope we see some makings of a top flight squad soon....

Really pleased with this one.

The starting keepers in the top flight last season included Ross Laidlaw, Remi Matthews, Sam Walker & Shamal George - not to mention United's atrocious options. I don't think Legzdins is poorer than any of them.

Would prefer we get a new number one as it's something we can certainly improve upon but if he is to be back-up then I'd say we have one of the better back-up keepers in the top flight when you consider the likes of Jack Hamilton, Murray Johnson, Ross Munro & Zach Hemming have been back-up keepers this season.

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Really hope we see some makings of a top flight squad soon

Seems to me with Kerr and Legzdins he is going for the experienced players first, those that know the club and set the tone. Agree a lot of new faces needed tho and I hope we don’t re sign too many of last years squad, despite their improvement under GB compared to Mcpake. 

2 minutes ago, QuesoGrande said:

Seems to me with Kerr and Legzdins he is going for the experienced players first, those that know the club and set the tone. Agree a lot of new faces needed tho and I hope we don’t re sign too many of last years squad, despite their improvement under GB compared to Mcpake. 

Yes agree, maybe get Ashcroft signed up...Byrne as a squad midfielder?

McCowan, Mulligan (will TD keep him at RB) and Anderson (needs to be refined) too.

McMullan to be let go? Jazubiak?

Just now, The Gentleman said:

More good news. Overall a good keeper, although if being slightly critical, needs to command his 6-yard box better, especially at crosses. He's a huge guy - should absolutely command that area of the box more than I observed last season.

He was absolutely brilliant at that when he first joined then he had a spell out injured and ever since has never left his line.

I often wondered if that was a direct instruction from Bowyer since we had two hulking CH's in Ashcroft & Sweeney to mop up all the high balls.

Disappointed to be honest, think we need to be looking at much better than him. Cost us quite a few points last time we were in the top league and I cant see that he's improved any since then. OK for backup but would have preferred to have given Gourlay the second spot

Adblock Detected