Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Lee Ashcroft - New Contract - 2 Year Deal

Ludo*1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Claverdee said:

Why ?

I don't view him as being a great CH and see him as part of the back-line that has struggled to keep the goals out over the past 3 year. I'd hope he's more of a back-up option this season and we'd look to improve after we've had a season stabilising in the top flight in a perfect world.

That said, I think he's a good warrior type and as I say, happy to see him kept on,  hence the being unsure about the 2nd year aspect but in saying that, I'm happier to see him stay on even with a 2 year deal than I would have been if he left now.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't view him as being a great CH and see him as part of the back-line that has struggled to keep the goals out over the past 3 year. I'd hope he's more of a back-up option this season and we'd look to improve after we've had a season stabilising in the top flight in a perfect world.

He is a good player and to have him on board for us for another couple of years is a no brainer 😎

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I’m kind of in the same boat here. It’s great that we are finally building a squad, but my concerns at the moment is that we seem to be happy to be sticking with the same squad that struggled so badly last time around - especially in defence. I hope we start seeing some new faces soon which might ease the concerns of the re-signings of  X, Y & Z. 

Just now, DFC1974 said:

I’m kind of in the same boat here. It’s great that we are finally building a squad, but my concerns at the moment is that we seem to be happy to be sticking with the same squad that struggled so badly last time around - especially in defence. I hope we start seeing some new faces soon which might ease the concerns of the re-signings of  X, Y & Z. 

My fear is that we're going to have the same back-line (other than LB) as the one that had the 8th best goals conceded record in the Championship 2 seasons ago, the worst in the top flight last season and despite having the best goals conceded record in the Championship last still still conceded little more than a goal every single game. As long as a couple of those are just back-up options I'll be happy. I wouldn't be confident going into next season with Legzdins, Cammy, Ashcroft & Sweeney all starting though!

As a back-up/rotational option though Ashcroft and/or Sweeney are excellent to have so overall I'm happy to see them in for another year particularly for their battling qualities when we'll have a lot of backs against the wall type performances!

Adblock Detected