Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Close Season

The Close Season.........

I hate it.

Why?

I want news news news   just info about Dundee but its always slow...

I need to know about the new Tap (shirt) design and when and where I can buy it..

I need to know who is leaving the club and who is joining the club..

I need to know pre-season game itinerary to arrange time off work etc.

I need to know next season fixture list..again to arrange time of work.

Its just Stress  for me   :)

But I love it .

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I know the weather is shocking just now for the time of the year but when it turns decent any day or week now for the next couple of months, our stadiums with perfect pitches in this country will lie deserted.

We will switch the heating off shortly for a few months and go about our business comfortably in short sleeves and sometimes shorts and the stadiums will still lie deserted.

Then come December, January and February again when it's minus 5 to plus 5 degrees with snow, ice and up to 100mph winds, we will play 4 to 10 games a month, 3 times a week a lot of the time.

Bonkers.

I know the weather is shocking just now for the time of the year but when it turns decent any day or week now for the next couple of months, our stadiums with perfect pitches in this country will lie deserted.

We will switch the heating off shortly for a few months and go about our business comfortably in short sleeves and sometimes shorts and the stadiums will still lie deserted.

Then come December, January and February again when it's minus 5 to plus 5 degrees with snow, ice and up to 100mph winds, we will play 4 to 10 games a month, 3 times a week a lot of the time.

Bonkers.

That's why the foreign imports into our league are going around biting folk and cracking opponents in the pus!

Our league and weather is driving them cuckoo!

Some guy on P&B did a detailed calendar of what our league would look like if we did play summer football. Can't be bothered going and finding the post, but it proved that summer football probably wouldn't work with the amount of games we play. The world football calendar is too congested with Europa League/Champions League qualifiers etc. plus a World Cup/Euro Championships every two season which would cause havoc. If anyone is interested I'm sure you could find the post on P&B.

Some guy on P&B did a detailed calendar of what our league would look like if we did play summer football. Can't be bothered going and finding the post, but it proved that summer football probably wouldn't work with the amount of games we play. The world football calendar is too congested with Europa League/Champions League qualifiers etc. plus a World Cup/Euro Championships every two season which would cause havoc. If anyone is interested I'm sure you could find the post on P&B.

How come the Scandinavian's manage it then as per Cobra's post?

I'm not a summer football at any costs type but just think that as a spectator sport , in Scotland, it seems mad having no football at all when the pitches are perfect and you can sit outside for 2 hours comfortably in short sleeves or a thin jacket at most but in winter we're playing on tattie fields and spectators are having to wear 3 to 4 layers, gloves and hats to prevent hypothermia not to mention postponements from snow and ice congesting the fixture table further.

Adblock Detected