Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Courier NEWS: Antonio Portales must past English test before visa is approved, reveals Tony Docherty as Dundee boss lifts lid on incredible bleep test feat

News Anchor

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 hours ago, mitch said:

Is that the same English test that every person that come over illegally has to sit…nah , didna think so

OK, I'll bite. Who comes here illegally? And why do you think their English language skills should be tested. When we were in the EU, any number of  other Europeans, even very poor ones, could come to Dundee speaking no English whatsoever and just move in next to you. Hell they might even apply for your job.

Portales isn't having his English tested because he wants to immigrate. It's because he has to get a work visa. By the way,  I think it is horsecrap too, but not because others don't have to take a test, but because I don't think his knowledge of English has got anything to do with why he has come here. I think it is also borderline racist. There's a lot of it going about!

2 hours ago, andrak said:

OK, I'll bite. Who comes here illegally? And why do you think their English language skills should be tested. When we were in the EU, any number of  other Europeans, even very poor ones, could come to Dundee speaking no English whatsoever and just move in next to you. Hell they might even apply for your job.

Portales isn't having his English tested because he wants to immigrate. It's because he has to get a work visa. By the way,  I think it is horsecrap too, but not because others don't have to take a test, but because I don't think his knowledge of English has got anything to do with why he has come here. I think it is also borderline racist. There's a lot of it going about!

Probably is…

17 hours ago, clearwater said:

Plenty……unfortunately!!

You could call it unfortunate, but really it is deliberate Government policy. So fortune has little to do with it. It's all fed by a certain section of the population who would rather believe that their problems are largely caused by poor foreigners trying to come here to have a better life.

I think we might not all be in the same section of the population, so maybe best keep your views to yourselves. I'm sure the thread is going to be shut down, as it should be. 

4 hours ago, andrak said:

You could call it unfortunate, but really it is deliberate Government policy. So fortune has little to do with it. It's all fed by a certain section of the population who would rather believe that their problems are largely caused by poor foreigners trying to come here to have a better life.

I think we might not all be in the same section of the population, so maybe best keep your views to yourselves. I'm sure the thread is going to be shut down, as it should be. 

Is this site no for airing views and opinions ffs

Adblock Detected