Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Sam Stanton

If it's true that Stanton is to come either on loan or permanent as a sweetner for Boyles comp I can't see us needing to pay his wages. Hardly a sweetner IMO. Take this boy that can't get a game for us on loan and pay his wages & just call that £20k comp quits lol.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Exactly it's nothing to do with the player.

Sorry my point was if he is on say 2k a week, Hibs can then ask for us to pay a percentage of his wages to come and play for us while he is loaned to us. Personally I would'nt want to pay anything for a player who was struggling to get a start in the Championship. I dont know the situation at Hibs, but someone said his wage demands were more than we could pay. I presumed Hibs were looking for us to contribute to his wages as part of a loan deal. My mistake.

Sorry my point was if he is on say 2k a week, Hibs can then ask for us to pay a percentage of his wages to come and play for us while he is loaned to us. Personally I would'nt want to pay anything for a player who was struggling to get a start in the Championship. I dont know the situation at Hibs, but someone said his wage demands were more than we could pay. I presumed Hibs were looking for us to contribute to his wages as part of a loan deal. My mistake.

I think you are probably right. It has loads to do with the player - he can say NO and stay where he is.

Is this boy that good we should be falling over ourselves to get him?   Is he going to give us something we don't have already?

Not really. He's a good footballer and that but he wouldn't make an immediate impact. Was more a deal for the future.

Not really. He's a good footballer and that but he wouldn't make an immediate impact. Was more a deal for the future.

Can certainly provide us with width that we are lacking. Not a single wide man at the club is concerning. Unless anyone counts Roberts who is more of a myth than anything now!

This deal was to be a permanent move for Stanton. We are less than willing to meet his wage demands and as I said before Stanton turned us down.

Hibs fans think the idea of him being on 2k a week is absolutely laughable. I have to concur tbh. Highly doubt he's on anything like that despite the length of his deal.

Not what I was told and I don't think it is that laughable considering I also know exactly what boyle has signed up on.

Not what I was told and I don't think it is that laughable considering I also know exactly what boyle has signed up on.

Just to add I thought the £2k a week was also laughably high but when you think about it he signed his extension in April 14, the same year Hibs had the third highest wage bill in the league at an average of £1965 a week per player, that is if STVs stats are accurate.

That season only 6 Hibs players played more games than Stanton and butcher was regularly in the press singling him out as the future of the club etc.

We also signed Hibs supposed high earners, Thomson and mcpake, last summer.

Is Hibs handing Stanton £2k a week really so unbelievable?

Just to add I thought the £2k a week was also laughably high but when you think about it he signed his extension in April 14, the same year Hibs had the third highest wage bill in the league at an average of £1965 a week per player, that is if STVs stats are accurate.

That season only 6 Hibs players played more games than Stanton and butcher was regularly in the press singling him out as the future of the club etc.

We also signed Hibs supposed high earners, Thomson and mcpake, last summer.

Is Hibs handing Stanton £2k a week really so unbelievable?

Would not doubt it but in this day and age it is laughable that they are given these contracts. Just hope Hibs can sustain it - no guarantee they will come up next season. If they sell Allan I know a few Hibees who will not be renewing season tix. But would not be surprised if he goes in Jan if not this summer.

Adblock Detected