Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tony Docherty

dblair

Might be the efes, the sun or the rum talking (on holiday) but I can’t think of many managers in the past that I have wanted to succeed more than TD. I know I know we all want EVERY manager for the Dee to be a success, but after listening to him tonight in his latest deetv sit down I just really hope he can deliver and is given time to make it work. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
59 minutes ago, dblair said:

Might be the efes, the sun or the rum talking (on holiday) but I can’t think of many managers in the past that I have wanted to succeed more than TD. I know I know we all want EVERY manager for the Dee to be a success, but after listening to him tonight in his latest deetv sit down I just really hope he can deliver and is given time to make it work. 

It's time that we gave the right man time. Hopefully he will be the right man. We need to be vigilant but patient, as we won't win as many as we lose this season , I expect. 

He's saying all the right things but so did all the other managers.

Let's see how he gets on this season. This appointment is as much a gamble as other rookie managers we've employed.

Hopefully he does the business as he comes across pretty well and the fans are all behind him.

It's all down to recruitment....and tactics with a bit of luck thrown in.

1 hour ago, dblair said:

TD's the real deal imo, given the choice, within reason obviously, he's someone I've wanted to be our manager. I think he'll do very well here.

I've had that same feeling with Barry Smith, Neil McCann and Gary Bowyer all of whom I bought into like no tomorrow so I know the feeling of it.

Because of the upset at Bowyer leaving, I've not quite been 'all in' as much with Docherty but I was really happy he was appointed considering the options and he's got a good track record albeit as an assistant. 

All the right signs and I'm liking the work he's doing the transfer market so far. Hyped for the new season to get started!

1 minute ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

I wanted the same for Bowyer.

That said, I reckon Docherty is a very capable and well respected coach and manager.

Bowyer and TD are totally different characters, that was very obvious today. TD appeared after the players but you'd almost think that he wasn't there. Quite unassuming and probably happier to do his talking on the training field. Absolutely no disrespect whatsoever to GB but fist pumps are a wee bit like badge kissing, they're something that's hard to buy into straight off the bat. I think that's why I took so long to take to him. Docherty's a bit less animated but leaves more of an impression imo.

Wanted McCann to succeed and he was very articulate and still is, a very good pundit. I was impressed with Bowyer's professionalism and thought he made a great job with a squad of players that he knew little about. It was a blow to see him leave although we all knew that eventually this would be the case. Docherty has been living in the city for a while and has a feeling for the club. He is a rookie who has spent his time as an assistant. I hope he succeeds because he seems to have a vision for the club. Been impressed with his signings so far and I am looking forward to the beginning of the season. I believe we are moving in the right direction for the first time in a long time.Bowyer was good, but you had it in the back of your mind that he would eventually move on. Docherty if he does well is here for the long haul. That is the big difference between the two.

Adblock Detected