Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Who's excited

Broony46

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Yeah I think we have a real chance of having a decent season with the way things are taking shape.

Somewhat surprised that we have shelled out cash for Carson given we already have 3 keepers and when it looks like MccCacken looks to be very able but competition can only be a good thing I suppose .

Think I will get a season ticket tomorrow 💙 

Can’t believe the difference in approach from the last time we got promoted. Pretty much the same team that beat Killie in the playoffs started our first prem game in 2021. 
It’s entirely possible that the team that starts this weekend will only have 1 player that started against QP. 

11 minutes ago, QuesoGrande said:

Can’t believe the difference in approach from the last time we got promoted. Pretty much the same team that beat Killie in the playoffs started our first prem game in 2021. 
It’s entirely possible that the team that starts this weekend will only have 1 player that started against QP. 

The club have learned their lesson in this regard..hopefully.

For me a huge part of our overhaul is that we didn’t give GB very much to work with in terms of recruitment. From memory we made 2 permanent signings. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

This window has been strong, and seems like the loan market with ambitious youngsters is something we are going to be looking at heavily.

Looking forward to the league campaign and hopefully we can get points & good performances in early doors.

45 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I am but we need a couple of defensive mids with some decent experience at this level that also have energy, drive and passing ability.

Think we should play 4 5 1 with Portales and Shaugnessy in the middle. Ashcroft and McGhee as backups.

Where do we find/afford defensive midfielders with the experience and attributes you've mentioned?

They are not exactly growing on trees for clubs like ours. I'm sure every team in the division would love to have 2 midfielders like that in their team.

3 minutes ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Where do we find/afford defensive midfielders with the experience and attributes you've mentioned?

They are not exactly growing on trees for clubs like ours. I'm sure every team in the division would love to have 2 midfielders like that in their team.

How did we manage to afford Carson?

Adblock Detected