Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Report.


Recommended Posts

Without sounding maybe too harsh I thought yesterday's official match report wasn't a patch on our usual excellent stuff.ย 

Maybe James Christie was on holiday and an understudy and/or stand-in compiled the report but it wasn't nearly up to our usual standards.

With no Sporting Post the official report is the best Saturday night reading so hopefully James is back in the fold and jotting down his post-match Dark Blue thoughts soon.

No disrespect intended to anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

It was written by Danny Smith, his name was at foot of report. He does the Up With the Bonnets podcast. I thought it was fine as none of these folk are pros and Im sure they do it for free.

Despite using words like โ€œourโ€ it was fair and no harm in a bit of the fan sneaking in there on ย our own site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

It was written by Danny Smith, his name was at foot of report. He does the Up With the Bonnets podcast. I thought it was fine as none of these folk are pros and Im sure they do it for free.

Despite using words like โ€œourโ€ it was fair and no harm in a bit of the fan sneaking in there on ย our own site.

I know who wrote it but didn't want to be too harsh so deliberately didn't name him. Wasn't the best official report I've read.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lucky I'm thick skinned eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah, James couldn't do it and no one else was able to, so I had to do that and commentate on the game yesterday.ย 

It wasn't something I was particularly keen on doing, but someone had to do it and it had to be done quick.

Don't worry though, everything should be back to normal next week ๐Ÿ˜‰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dee Archive said:

Lucky I'm thick skinned eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah, James couldn't do it and no one else was able to, so I had to do that and commentate on the game yesterday.ย 

It wasn't something I was particularly keen on doing, but someone had to do it and it had to be done quick.

Don't worry though, everything should be back to normal next week ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up the good work Danny, just stay away from hospo!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dee Archive said:

Lucky I'm thick skinned eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah, James couldn't do it and no one else was able to, so I had to do that and commentate on the game yesterday.ย 

It wasn't something I was particularly keen on doing, but someone had to do it and it had to be done quick.

Don't worry though, everything should be back to normal next week ๐Ÿ˜‰

As I posted I wasn't intending to be disrespectful to anyone, maybe it should seen as a compliment to James Christie's excellent work rather than a dig at yourself. He sets a high standard and I guess it'd be difficult for anyone to step in at short notice.ย 

Billy seems to be offering some TLC though.๐Ÿ˜‰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Dee Archive said:

Lucky I'm thick skinned eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah, James couldn't do it and no one else was able to, so I had to do that and commentate on the game yesterday.ย 

It wasn't something I was particularly keen on doing, but someone had to do it and it had to be done quick.

Don't worry though, everything should be back to normal next week ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up the good work, Danny! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

As I posted I wasn't intending to be disrespectful to anyone, maybe it should seen as a compliment to James Christie's excellent work rather than a dig at yourself. He sets a high standard and I guess it'd be difficult for anyone to step in at short notice.ย 

Billy seems to be offering some TLC though.๐Ÿ˜‰

Absolutely none taken Reverend.ย 

There was no way I was matching the standard that James has set and hats off to him because, that was certainly a struggle and one I'll hopefully not have to go through again ๐Ÿ˜‚

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


ร—
ร—
  • Create New...