Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Injuries

troodee1893

TD is suggesting a couple of players due in yet, before the window closes. There is speculation as to where we still need new blood, midfield seems a given and some suggest another forward. Problem we have, and it is ludicrously bad luck, is that we may have to bring in another defender taking into account the injuries to Portales and Donnelly both of which seem to be long term. Then there is French, due back 'soon' hopefully, who could take some time to get up to speed assuming no setbacks. Three serious injuries at one time is bad enough but for them all to be defenders is tough to bear.

It takes time to settle into the top league and we were given what seemed to be a favourable first four fixtures to help do so and posters were speculating how many points we could/should get from these games. In most folk's minds we are probably behind that schedule and the St Johnstone game looms with more on it that may have been expected a couple of weeks ago. In one sense we are not too bad what with the League Cup Saturday this weekend and two international breaks by mid October we have time to hopefully get Portales and Donnelly fit before the crazy 12 games in 8/9 weeks from the end of October to end of December ( it is mental imo that there are only 8 fixtures in the first eleven weeks of the season and 13 in the second eleven weeks). That is when our season will be defined. I suppose if you write off the trip to Celtic we only have a couple of games before Killie at home on 23rd September giving approximately 6 weeks to hopefully have French and either Portales or Donnelly back.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

Do we know if Portales is recovering from injury here or if he is back in Mexico?

Will be here you would think. Not worth travelling injured if it is only 5-6 weeks. Will be working with our medical team to do his rehab. 

2 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Do we know if Portales is recovering from injury here or if he is back in Mexico?

Why would he be back in Mexico?

Fortunate given our light schedule currently that he won't miss too much, I still think Portales will be a good player for us to have over the course of the season once he's back up to speed.

39 minutes ago, RossBFD said:

Why would he be back in Mexico?

Fortunate given our light schedule currently that he won't miss too much, I still think Portales will be a good player for us to have over the course of the season once he's back up to speed.

Being out for another six weeks he might prefer to recover and do his rehab back home.  I hope not, I would rather he stayed here and integrated into the squad

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

Being out for another six weeks he might prefer to recover and do his rehab back home.  I hope not, I would rather he stayed here and integrated into the squad

He's got a medical team here who'll treat him whilst monitoring his progress, they'll give him a program to work to. Who would do all that in Mexico?. I also think think that it'd be a bit counterproductive given that Pineda was obviously brought here because we didn't think that we'd get as much as we could from a player who was thousands of miles from home and trying to adapt to a new country and culture on his own. Portales travelled with the team on Saturday and I think he'll continue to do that.

17 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I'm sure I read that French will play tonight for Dundee B. 

Hope so mate. If we are gonna stick with a back 3, his pace will be a big asset. Even in a 4, I think (if he can get up to speed) he would be my number one RB

Adblock Detected