The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Dee Giants

Rate this topic

Who are the biggest players to have played for the Dee? The Czech Jan Zemlik was some size. 6ft 6in according to Wiki. I thought at the time we'd signed our very own Jan Koller. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Any others of note?

Jim steele was a big lad, not a giant, but the hardest player I ever saw in Dark Blue

Gary Patterson was 6 ft 5 6 ft when he jumped

Walker McCall ,

• Like 1

Noel Blake

Alex Pompilli a trailist keeper under duff

Did we not have some near 7ft giant Chinese goalkeeper on trial round about the same time we signed Fan Zhiyi?

Gary Mckenzie was quite lofty...and is currently out of contract 

As Dundeeman35 implies, it's not the standing height but the jumping ability that matters

My only concern with our New Signing is at just a touch over 6ft ( If that is indeed correct ) once again we are without a real big CB.

I like Konrad as a player but felt he was a touch on the small side and was hoping we would address that this season. .

Arvid Schenk.. 6ft 5"

Nuff said :(

George Stewart and Ally Donaldson.

What I would give for a proper centre half like George Stewart now.  Very few 'stalwarts' in football anymore, although I suppose McPake comes close.

My only concern with our New Signing is at just a touch over 6ft ( If that is indeed correct ) once again we are without a real big CB.

I like Konrad as a player but felt he was a touch on the small side and was hoping we would address that this season. .

Why are people obsessed with height. Van dyke is easily the best centre half in Scotland and he is 6ft 3", just. Jason dyner is 6ft.

Why the big deal.

Even the lad who bossed us the entire season in 5 games, Fojut is only 6ft 2". How big do you want them.

Remember, with height you loose agility, speed, turning speed and sometimes skill. Not always but mostly.

I like Konrad as a player but felt he was a touch on the small side and was hoping we would address that this season. .

And BTW, Mcpake is 6ft 2 1/64" a bawhair shorter than Van Dyke.