Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Womens World Cup

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Talking of women's football, should DFC have a women's team? I noticed Rangers women were playing Hibs yesterday but there doesn't seem to be a team based in the city that's playing at the highest level. Not sure if there would be any value in it for us. Maybe it would help us attract more female fans if we supported their game. Maybe not.

HELL YEAH 

I'm sure it would attract much more women to the sport/matches & have the knock on affect for the mens games at Dens. 

I have no interest in women's football but if we had our team I'd get behind them. 20 years from now the women's game might be a lot more popular. Fifa have been pushing it for years and the BBC gives it decent coverage. Probably makes sense for us to be thinking like Hibs and Hearts and getting involved now.

• Like 1

If I’m honest, me neither Cobra.. I watched the women’s Canada v China match on Sat night after I finished work and it's still a bit too slow to keep me interested.

I might be inclined to watch if I see a nice looking 'leggy striker'  :wub:

I recon in 20 years’ time or so your bang on saying it will be a lots bigger and much better quality, by that time we might have missed the boat.

Right now though it would be good if they had a bit more pace in general play & the keepers could keep..  

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong about the idea of women's football, although it was unheard of in my day.

Are there any women's football teams in Dundee ? There surely must be. Does anyone know ?

If there is and they are playing to a reasonable standard, theyshould be making contact with DFC.

(I AM MAKING A SERIOUS POINT THERE) Cant see any negative points. More interest, the better.

Adblock Detected