Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Welcome to Dens Mohamed Sylla.

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Hartlepool fan here.

Sylla is a decent player, but seems to have major attitude issues.  As a player he’s a strong and athletic midfielder, lanky but with decent control and likes a tackle.

We bought him from Aldershot last year and he became a constant in our midfield.  But as soon as he got a sniff of interest from elsewhere, his head was gone.  We were in a relegation dogfight (thanks to the complete incompetence of Paul Hartley) and Sylla allegedly refused to play in games towards the end of the season which could have kept us in the Football League.  

He was at Pools on a 1 year contract with the option for a second year, he apparently wanted us to rip that up and allow him to go to another club for free.  Pools wanted a fee for him, so we invoked the 1 year extension and he never came back to the club for pre-season training.  So he’s been staying away and we’ve not been paying him, until we could find someone who will pay a fee for him.

He also seems to have previous for doing something similar with previous clubs, which I would explain why most of the interest from English clubs disappeared once they did their due diligence. 

I used to work with a Dee fan years ago and I have a soft spot for you guys since he took me to the away end of Celtic Park watch the likes of Caniggia, Caballero, Juan Sara and Nemsadze back in 2001, it was a great team.  Hope you do well this year. 

8 minutes ago, McTee said:

Hartlepool fan here.

Sylla is a decent player, but seems to have major attitude issues.  As a player he’s a strong and athletic midfielder, lanky but with decent control and likes a tackle.

We bought him from Aldershot last year and he became a constant in our midfield.  But as soon as he got a sniff of interest from elsewhere, his head was gone.  We were in a relegation dogfight (thanks to the complete incompetence of Paul Hartley) and Sylla allegedly refused to play in games towards the end of the season which could have kept us in the Football League.  

He was at Pools on a 1 year contract with the option for a second year, he apparently wanted us to rip that up and allow him to go to another club for free.  Pools wanted a fee for him, so we invoked the 1 year extension and he never came back to the club for pre-season training.  So he’s been staying away and we’ve not been paying him, until we could find someone who will pay a fee for him.

He also seems to have previous for doing something similar with previous clubs, which I would explain why most of the interest from English clubs disappeared once they did their due diligence. 

I used to work with a Dee fan years ago and I have a soft spot for you guys since he took me to the away end of Celtic Park watch the likes of Caniggia, Caballero, Juan Sara and Nemsadze back in 2001, it was a great team.  Hope you do well this year. 

Welcome to TDB.

Thanks for he info :)

I'm going to give this guy the opportunity to prove his former employers wrong, to me there looks to be a bit more to this than meets the eye. No pro footballer who's as talented as the Hartlepool fans suggest is signing a contract worth £400 a week and with an extension option in the clubs favour too imo. 

He wanted to leave because he was on a poor wage which didn't reflect his ability and market value, Hartlepool said he couldn't leave without someone paying a fee, player was disgruntled and gave less than he had previously. 

'Seems' to this and 'seems' to that.

More to this for me.

Adblock Detected