The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

BBC Spendthrifts.

Rate this topic

It has been reported today that the BBC are to make a multi million pond offer to Top Gear presenters May and Hammond in an effort to get them sign new contracts.

I for one object to the BBC offering obscene amounts of money to overgrown schoolboys, while at the same time we get a ridiculously small amount of money for our football TV rights.

don't think the two of them are much more than support for Clarkson. Their "own" projects have been very ordinary and a bit boring. just have to hope that they know their limitations, take the money and when the show bombs get punted. They'll still be cheaper than the original Clarkson fronted Top Gear.

It has been reported today that the BBC are to make a multi million pond offer to Top Gear presenters May and Hammond in an effort to get them sign new contracts.

I for one object to the BBC offering obscene amounts of money to overgrown schoolboys, while at the same time we get a ridiculously small amount of money for our football TV rights.

Top Gear is the BBC's most profitable export around the world!

Sportscene struggles to get an audience south of Hamilton (partially created by the lack of investment I know)

A public broadcaster should be showing more balance but It's all about the £££££

The BBC are a corrupt organisation who gather around 4 billion in license fees as well as other commercial monies coming in,how they spend that money is somewhat dubious in many areas...Scottish football is being short changed...public service ??? Neutral...my ar**.

The BBC are a corrupt organisation who gather around 4 billion in license fees as well as other commercial monies coming in,how they spend that money is somewhat dubious in many areas...Scottish football is being short changed...public service ??? Neutral...my ar**.

A Fine Post Janny62 .........Totally Agrree ...... And PS ..... It is time ye posted mair please  :)

A Fine Post Janny62 .........Totally Agrree ...... And PS ..... It is time ye posted mair please :)

Morning Gedee, tend to read more than I write,but since you put it like that I will make more of an effort.

Morning Gedee, tend to read more than I write,but since you put it like that I will make more of an effort.

Aye good on ye ....... Your post today Janny, maks, for me anyway, a very important point.   As said, a guid post.

But I am sure it wis yirsel pit in a post, aboot yirsel and wife  (tongue in cheek ) Eh thought wis very funny :)

(I think it wis mair aboot a laugh agin yirsel, as yir guid lady. Eh like fowk no tae tak tak theirsel too seriously.