Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Has the gaffer deemed Lee Ashcroft surplus to requirements?

OnTheCouch

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
14 minutes ago, OnTheCouch said:

Ashcroft missed today having been a stalwart for us, is he now a back up? Or just a rest and back in next week? 

After Ashcroft and Sweeney last season, Shaughnessy and McGhee looked miles better, against much better opposition. Imo. He might decide to move this week. Think there are several in his position with the size of the squad and still getting bigger.

1 hour ago, OnTheCouch said:

Ashcroft missed today having been a stalwart for us, is he now a back up? Or just a rest and back in next week? 

After that performance today I think it would be unfair to drop any of our defenders next week.

Ashcroft has had a good time at Dens and has mostly been appreciated by the Dundee fans but I get the feeling that this might be one season too many for him, I would rather he moved on while that relationship was still a positive one.

Lee must have seen the writing is on the wall when the club have signed three players that can play in his position.

9 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

After that performance today I think it would be unfair to drop any of our defenders next week.

Ashcroft has had a good time at Dens and has mostly been appreciated by the Dundee fans but I get the feeling that this might be one season too many for him, I would rather he moved on while that relationship was still a positive one.

Lee must have seen the writing is on the wall when the club have signed three players that can play in his position.

Agreed, a good player that has done well for us, but appears to be getting slower on the deck, will go through anything for a header, but on the deck, very slow, unsteady, and championship is his level. I think he might go before the transfer deadline.

Ashcroft has been a good servant but is probably someone who's no longer a first pick. Like a few others I'd guess he'll be available if an offer came in. If it doesn't then he'll continue to be a valuable member of the squad. There's probably 5, maybe 6 off the top of my head who we'd allow to leave in order to get the one or two others in that TD is after. 

As been mentioned above, I think if a half decent offer came in for him he would move on but if not then will happily stay part of the squad. solid defender who always gives his all, just needs someone with pace next to him. 

Squad building ongoing so we need squad fillers during this time.  IMO this will definitely be his last season at Dens though (providing we stay up)

Great servant to the club over the years he has been with us, always gives 100% while wearing the jersey.

However, I feel that we need players to come in and improve us as a team, and sadly that means players such as Ashcroft will either be moved to the bench and more a squad player or possibly moved on.

This is just part of football.

Adblock Detected