Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Luke McCowan

Ned Spark

I noticed that TD is now playing McCowan in a more central roll, and Robinson more on the right wing. Does TD see McCowan more as a n10 roll and thats why he has players out of position to accommodate him ?

Don't get why Cameron is sitting on the bench when he seems more suited to this role and we have two proven wingers who either sit on the bench or played out of position.

Robinson has been minging since the start of the season but still getting picked every week. Seems TD is trying to keep some players happy already ?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, Ned Spark said:

I noticed that TD is now playing McCowan in a more central roll, and Robinson more on the right wing. Does TD see McCowan more as a n10 roll and thats why he has players out of position to accommodate him ?

Don't get why Cameron is sitting on the bench when he seems more suited to this role and we have two proven wingers who either sit on the bench or played out of position.

Robinson has been minging since the start of the season but still getting picked every week. Seems TD is trying to keep some players happy already ?

I agree, Robinson has been a bit underwhelming for some time now. However, more of a CDM compare to Lyall’s CAM which is why I thought TD started him against Celtic (not that I would agree with starting him at all). I certainly hope that is the only reason rather than what you mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

I agree, Robinson has been a bit underwhelming for some time now. However, more of a CDM compare to Lyall’s CAM which is why I thought TD started him against Celtic (not that I would agree with starting him at all). I certainly hope that is the only reason rather than what you mentioned. 

I always thought we would have Tiff down the left and McCowan down the right (Since he likes to come inside and shoot with his left).

Not sure why we brought in a lot of midfielders and have them sitting on the bench. Why bring in the likes of Sylla and Lewis and not play them?

10 hours ago, Ned Spark said:

For what's it's worth, McCowan played all his youth football and came through as a Number 10. He was put out on the wing at Ayr as he he couldn't dislodge Moffat or Shankland. His words. Funnily enough, so did Beck, that's probably why he's so good and gliding past people.

On 19/09/2023 at 07:53, Dark Blue Dee said:

For what's it's worth, McCowan played all his youth football and came through as a Number 10. He was put out on the wing at Ayr as he he couldn't dislodge Moffat or Shankland. His words. Funnily enough, so did Beck, that's probably why he's so good and gliding past people.

Thanks for the info.

I have only watched him with his time at dens and only when I watch us play Ayr and during those time he always played on the left or right and never in the middle. 

8 hours ago, Ned Spark said:

Thanks for the info.

I have only watched him with his time at dens and only when I watch us play Ayr and during those time he always played on the left or right and never in the middle. 

Yeah me as well. I was just making the point that the position isn't totally alien to him,  even if it seems like it to us based on where he normally plays. He is possibly the most naturally gifted player we have (even if a bit inconsistent) so the thinking behind putting him in the number 10 is to get him on the ball more in a central position probing at the opposition defence. I don't think he is miles better in either of the 2 positions though so think if Lyall had started the season the way he finished the last, he would be back on the wing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2023 at 21:25, Ned Spark said:

Yeah McCowan has been brilliant more centrally. He has put on a bit of muscle too and is resilient. Finds some great passes. Great alongside Boeteng. Goal threat too.

Hopefully Sylla gets a start today. Would like to see more of him.

Adblock Detected