Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Favourite retro strip?

Mary

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Dark Blue Dee said:

Although it doesn't look great these days, I was absolutely blown away with this top when it came out. Mid way through the season before was when I really started getting into football and this was the first new release I had seen or really paid attention to. Always brings back good memories seeing it again 😊.

Screenshot_20230923-090047_Google.jpg

I've got the top one and the one bottom right. Tried a few tops on the other week and the one thing that struck me was how wide the arms were, Fck me you could get about 3 in each side!. Must've been the style but looks awful now.

3 hours ago, Dark Blue Dee said:

Although it doesn't look great these days, I was absolutely blown away with this top when it came out. Mid way through the season before was when I really started getting into football and this was the first new release I had seen or really paid attention to. Always brings back good memories seeing it again 😊.

Screenshot_20230923-090047_Google.jpg

Still got mine (a bit nippit) but still fine..Still wear it occasionally.A great era following the team then!! Still love The Pyjama,Top!!

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I've got the top one and the one bottom right. Tried a few tops on the other week and the one thing that struck me was how wide the arms were, Fck me you could get about 3 in each side!. Must've been the style but looks awful now.

I never thought about the fit, haha it must be terrible now compared to modern standards😂. Wish I still had it though.

It was the first top my old dear bought for me, put it in the wash once and it came out all out bullies. She was right onto the phone to Dens to complain and turns out it was Jim Duffy on the other end listening to the backlash 😂

He couldn't have been more apologetic though and offered me a new top and a tour of Dens with him as the guide. 

I went with my Dad and Duffy encouraged me to have a look behind one of the doors which I did, only to be greeted by a lathered up Noel Blake having a shower haha. Duffy and my old boy had a laugh but it scarred me for life lol.

In all seriousness though, I've always held Duffy in high regard since they days as it showed how much he took on. Maybe a small token but I even named my dog "Duffy" after him years later.

Happy memories 😊

Adblock Detected