Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Loan Players

TheDarkBlues

Owen Beck, Amadou Bakayoko, Zach Robinson, Ryan Howley, Malachi Boateng, Aaron Donnelly, Marcel Lewis and Jon McCracken.

If Jon McCracken wasn't recalled by his parent club, we would have had 9 players on loan this season. Not sure, but isn't this the highest amount of loan players we have had in one season?

Also, which Dundee loan would you have loved to have signed permanent after their loan spell? For me, it has to be Georgios Efrem.

Edited by TheDarkBlues
Corrected myself lol

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
14 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Owen Beck, Amadou Bakayoko, Zach Robinson, Ryan Howley, Malachi Boateng, Aaron Donnelly, Mo Sylla, Marcel Lewis and Jon McCracken.

If Jon McCracken wasn't recalled by his parent club, we would have had 9 players on loan this season. Not sure, but isn't this the highest amount of loan players we have had in one season?

Also, which Dundee loan would you have loved to have signed permanent after their loan spell? For me, it has to be Georgios Efrem.

As posted above Sylla is a permanent signing. McIntyre's 🤬 half season was probably close.

Derek Ferguson, Ian Ferguson or Jim McInally off the top of my head. All 3 were great players who we couldn't afford to keep due to their club's asking price.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Sorry about that, I was sure I read he came here on loan.

So we paid a fee for him and he sits on the bench?

Could be a fitness thing. He was a standout player at his previous club but a contract dispute meant he didn't play and then his club demanded a transfer fee to allow him to leave. Unlike other clubs we were prepared to pay the asking price.

Obviously, it proved to be a great call yesterday, but I did wonder about the lad Marcel Lewis when Docherty opted to bring Rudden on ahead of him and have him playing in the wide-ish forward role. Given Lewis is a natural winger I thought it was a bit strange he hasn't even had a few minutes off the bench yet. 

1 minute ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Obviously, it proved to be a great call yesterday, but I did wonder about the lad Marcel Lewis when Docherty opted to bring Rudden on ahead of him and have him playing in the wide-ish forward role. Given Lewis is a natural winger I thought it was a bit strange he hasn't even had a few minutes off the bench yet. 

Whilst I think that Rudden is a penalty box player if we're going to play him in a deeper role I honestly think that he does fairly well coming in off the left. He's got a wee bit of pace and physicality and is quite direct.

4 minutes ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

I said more or less the same to my cousin after the game.

We had Sylla (more natural CM) on the bench who could have come on and McCowan moved to the wing or Lewis on for Robinson.

Bringing on Rudden worked for us, but you have to start asking why we bring in players and never play them?

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I said more or less the same to my cousin after the game.

We had Sylla (more natural CM) on the bench who could have come on and McCowan moved to the wing or Lewis on for Robinson.

Bringing on Rudden worked for us, but you have to start asking why we bring in players and never play them?

Squad game, said it in another post but we can't play everyone. Some players will come in just to make up the numbers but I think everyone will be given a chance at some point if they're performing well in training. I'd start asking 'why' if we didn't bring in players.

2 hours ago, an-dee said:

Sylla hasn’t had a pre season, I think he’ll still be lacking in match sharpness. Admittedly he can only get sharpness by playing games. It is strange that he hasn’t had much of a chance. 

Given he's on a  deal. And came on against Hearts just after joining.

Not featured after the Fermers cameo either.

🤔

Adblock Detected