Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Courier NEWS: Cammy Kerr’s Dundee testimonial opponent announced as stalwart says it would ‘mean the absolute world’ for fellow Dees to turn out in numbers

News Anchor

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I'm a wee bit puzzled by the choice of opposition if I'm honest; perhaps it's difficult in this day and age to get clubs to provide a team for these sort of occasions, they have to play quite a lot of games and don't want to risk injuries etc., but we will play Celtic at least 3 times this season so another match against them isn't exactly mouth-watering.

It's maybe too much to hope that one of the big English teams would come up to play and with Cammy not having played anywhere else there's not an obvious choice, as there was when quite recently Julian Speroni chose us to go down to Crystal Palace. Dundee United might have made more sense? Or a team made up of ex-Dees Cammy has played with.

Maybe all the options were explored and I don't want to take anything away from Cammy's Testimonial Committee who have no doubt been working hard on all the various events for him. I hope he gets a decent turnout and that there are a few 'surprises' in the line up to make it interesting.

31 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

This is happening the night Scotland play Georgia which won't help with attendance. Surely they should be checking there is nothing on that night?

I hadn't noticed that, if that's the case I'm sure it will impact on the attendance which would be a shame.

22 hours ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

This is happening the night Scotland play Georgia which won't help with attendance. Surely they should be checking there is nothing on that night?

if that's the case then that's really poor planning. This will definitely impact the crowd.

Adblock Detected