The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy McLean

Jim Mac

Rate this topic

According to the Tully Jim McAlister was to  heading to Castle Grey Skull if McCall got the job. If he is leaving, and I hope he isn't, I Think he could do a lot better than that shambolic mess of a club.

The article linked him with Hearts and Killie as well.

Strange some boys think he's gash.

Have to say it's strange seeing someone say McAlister is too good for Rangers given the stick he gets from some Dees. He's probably the player that divides our support more than any other.

I really hope he stays at Dens but he's 30 this year and needs to think of his future. I suppose if you're on a two year deal you don't need to worry so much about getting injured and being out of work in the near future. 

I thought he stepped up & shown he's 'spfl baller' he played in quite a few games last season except a wee spell out. when I'm watching him & gowser they just seem to cover every blade.
not sure but think he supports them & right to weight up future.
I just can't see us going all out attack every game next season. Hemmings, Loy, Stewart.. going to be knocks/injuries, games where were up against it.

Jmac tearing it up in the middle might be handy for another year or two. I'd like him to stay at least another season.

Huns aren't going anywhere soon ;)

I like Jim, but we need better than him if we are to progress.

Its a shame he's off to those parasites but he's a die hard rangers man so you cant blame him.

Headline in the Tully today is "Jim McAlister’s Rangers switch in tatters"

The story doesn't actually match the headline though. All it's saying is McAlister will only be going to Rangers if McCall gets the job. Given that McCall is on a five-man shortlist, that hardly means McAlister's Ibrox move is in tatters yet.

Despite DK,s bull, Jim Mac would fit the bill budget wise at Greyskull

Sevvies are really going to be tight with their cash and obviously their tilt at the Title will be done on a shoestring despite comments to the contrary.

Despite DK,s bull, Jim Mac would fit the bill budget wise at Greyskull

Sevvies are really going to be tight with their cash and obviously their tilt at the Title will be done on a shoestring despite comments to the contrary.

Would he really want to drop into the championship again tho?

Genuinely think he suits our club really well. Heart of a lion.

I like Jim, but we need better than him if we are to progress.

Its a shame he's off to those parasites but he's a die hard rangers man so you cant blame him.

yes, thanks and bye jim

Would he really want to drop into the championship again tho?

He was a season ticket holder at Ibrox. It makes no sense for him to remain as a back-up player at Dundee when he can get a regular game for his boyhood club and play in front of 40,000. I can't imagine another season in the Championship would bother him. It's a high profile league with Rangers and Hibs there.

Fair play to jim if he has the opportunity to go there I'm not surprised to see him holding off signing on for us. If it was me the other way around it would be a no brainer! If he goes he goes with my best wishes and if he stays I'll welcome him back. Would be a great signing for sevco as he's been over the course in the championship and knows how to win. He is a winner.

No matter what though f**k sevco!!

• Like 1

If he's genuinely holding off on our deal, in the hope that he gets an offer elsewhere be it Rangers or otherwise then I'd instantly pull the deal off the table. Hartley wants his squad set for the end of this month and with McAlister delaying, we could potentially be missing out on targets that we'd otherwise go for.

I hope I'm wrong but this is starting to sound like Gary Irvine a couple of seasons back and that seemed to go on to the day before the season started.  I can't see this management team and BOD being as accommodating as those when Irvine was swithering so I would imagine that a realistic deadline has been set for all these offers.  I like Jim Mac a lot but would it be the end of the world if he decided to move on?  Not in the least.    He would always get a good reception when he came back.

He played in 41 games last season. Who plays in his place for the 41 games next season? We don't know what we're going to get from Low yet so it could cause us a big problem not having McAlister around.

Forcing him out the door because he's undecided would be cutting our nose off to spite our face. Let's wait and see.

Cobra, on 10 Jun 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

He played in 41 games last season. Who plays in his place for the 41 games next season? We don't know what we're going to get from Low yet so it could cause us a big problem not having McAlister around.

Forcing him out the door because he's undecided would be cutting our nose off to spite our face. Let's wait and see.

No, forcing him to decide because he's putting us on hold in the hope of something better whilst we could potentially be missing out on targets is the correct decision. He's nothing special despite the number of games he played in last season and he's far from irreplaceable.

He's a solid pro, nothing more, nothing less.